Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2020 CT5-V Needs New Engine

CT5-V Model

Shawn

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2020 Cadillac CT5-V
Hello, I purchased a 2020 CT5-V in Sept. 2020 and I am now being told that my engine needs to be replaced because of "cooling system contamination with engine oil".
3 weeks after I bought the car one day when I started it up in the morning, after sitting all night I heard what seemed to me as valve tapping. I thought to myself this cannot be so I turned the car off waited about 5 mins and checked the oil. I was low or barely there so I drove straight to the Cadillac dealer and had them look at it, they stated it was a little low and they topped it off.
Maybe a week later after it sat all night, it did the same thing when I started it, sounding like valves were tapping, so I turned the car off and checked the oil. This time I see oil on the stick but still very faint, then after the car ran for about 3-5 mins the tapping seemed to stop. Today(11-21-20) my wife was driving and the check engine oil light came on and she drove directly to cadillac which was 10 mins away and they ran some test and determined that the engine has been contaminated with engine oil.
My question is how with a brand new vehicle? Also, they need to replace the engine, which i am skeptical about as it shouldn't need to be done and what about any cosmetic damage from the pulling a entire engine.

Is this normal, and has anyone else experienced or something close to this?

Thanks, Shawn.

Hi Shawn. Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your CT5-V. Did the dealer tell you what caused oil to get into the cooling system?

As for replacing the engine and cosmetic damage, I wouldn't be concerned about that. The Cadillac Technicians are well trained in what they do and in this case, it's probably better to get a whole new engine rather than have them try to repair the engine. Getting oil into the coolant system can cause serious damage. I'm just curious if they were able to determine what the cause was.

Hi Shawn. Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your CT5-V. Did the dealer tell you what caused oil to get into the cooling system?

As for replacing the engine and cosmetic damage, I wouldn't be concerned about that. The Cadillac Technicians are well trained in what they do and in this case, it's probably better to get a whole new engine rather than have them try to repair the engine. Getting oil into the coolant system can cause serious damage. I'm just curious if they were able to determine what the cause was.
Thanks for your response. They stated they should know more by Monday once they dove deeper into it.
It just seemed strange to me that this happened to a brand new vehicle.
I will keep you all posted on this!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners