Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2011 cts-v

austinwae

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2011 CTS-V
New to Cadillac. Own the car for about 3 years. Read so much about this car. Wanted to know if it was as good as the literature states. Besides the supercharger issue and a bit more road noise than what I expect, I'm some what impresses. Longevity will be my deciding factor.

I've had my 2011 CTS V Wagon since December 2010 and it's been very dependable.
I hear a little supercharge rattle but not enough to concern me. It's been doing that a long time without any issues.
The biggest issues I have are the tire life and the gas mileage. :wink:
Mine has a little over 40K miles on it now.

I've had my 2011 CTS V Wagon since December 2010 and it's been very dependable.
I hear a little supercharge rattle but not enough to concern me. It's been doing that a long time without any issues.
The biggest issues I have are the tire life and the gas mileage. :wink:
Mine has a little over 40K miles on it now.

I'm hearing that any noise maybe a concern. I'm at the 40k mark as well and the car performs flawlessly. I have been reading every piece of documented literature concerning the supercharger, and the general analysis is if its rattling and has a high pitch whining it will possibly fail. Warranty is up on 8/2020.
icon6.png

I'm hearing that any noise maybe a concern. I'm at the 40k mark as well and the car performs flawlessly. I have been reading every piece of documented literature concerning the supercharger, and the general analysis is if its rattling and has a high pitch whining it will possibly fail. Warranty is up on 8/2020.
icon6.png

A little rattle in the supercharger has never been a concern of mine. Neither the whining noise as all superchargers whine. Take off the engine cover and you'll hear even more whine. Some people like the whine as it screams supercharger.

I'm going to drive mine and not worry about it.

Noise

You mentioned road noise what make of tires are you running?

You mentioned road noise what make of tires are you running?

I didn't mention road noise. However, I'm running Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + tires. Good all around tire and it hooks up when the temps are low.

I didn't mention road noise. However, I'm running Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + tires. Good all around tire and it hooks up when the temps are low.

A very good tire for this make/model until they wear to the bar or old.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back