Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

2011 cts-v

austinwae

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2011 CTS-V
New to Cadillac. Own the car for about 3 years. Read so much about this car. Wanted to know if it was as good as the literature states. Besides the supercharger issue and a bit more road noise than what I expect, I'm some what impresses. Longevity will be my deciding factor.

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)
I've had my 2011 CTS V Wagon since December 2010 and it's been very dependable.
I hear a little supercharge rattle but not enough to concern me. It's been doing that a long time without any issues.
The biggest issues I have are the tire life and the gas mileage. :wink:
Mine has a little over 40K miles on it now.

austinwae

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2011 CTS-V
I've had my 2011 CTS V Wagon since December 2010 and it's been very dependable.
I hear a little supercharge rattle but not enough to concern me. It's been doing that a long time without any issues.
The biggest issues I have are the tire life and the gas mileage. :wink:
Mine has a little over 40K miles on it now.

I'm hearing that any noise maybe a concern. I'm at the 40k mark as well and the car performs flawlessly. I have been reading every piece of documented literature concerning the supercharger, and the general analysis is if its rattling and has a high pitch whining it will possibly fail. Warranty is up on 8/2020.
icon6.png

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
I'm hearing that any noise maybe a concern. I'm at the 40k mark as well and the car performs flawlessly. I have been reading every piece of documented literature concerning the supercharger, and the general analysis is if its rattling and has a high pitch whining it will possibly fail. Warranty is up on 8/2020.
icon6.png

A little rattle in the supercharger has never been a concern of mine. Neither the whining noise as all superchargers whine. Take off the engine cover and you'll hear even more whine. Some people like the whine as it screams supercharger.

I'm going to drive mine and not worry about it.

Jimmy ZV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2014 CTS-V
Noise

You mentioned road noise what make of tires are you running?

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
You mentioned road noise what make of tires are you running?

I didn't mention road noise. However, I'm running Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + tires. Good all around tire and it hooks up when the temps are low.

Jimmy ZV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2014 CTS-V
I didn't mention road noise. However, I'm running Michelin Pilot A/S 3 + tires. Good all around tire and it hooks up when the temps are low.

A very good tire for this make/model until they wear to the bar or old.

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom