Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Perspective

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
For those of us who have cars that have been built and are stressing out over the delivery details, today is 07/30 and there are people with 07/19 TPWs who haven’t even been built yet with no explanation and no new TPW. I believe that all of the 07/05 & 07/12 cars have been built. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

7/19 TPW here and still no build or info on mine. Concierge keeps repeating the same thing and my dealer is pretty clueless with info... At this point I'm hoping I can get it broken in and fluid changed before the first snowfall in NY.

I think there is a 7-12 (poor-sha) not built along with mine(7-19) and other 7-19 cars. The more i read how upset those with cars built are as you wait for shipping i think maybe it’s better to be just waiting for them to be built. AS LONG AS THE SHIPPING ISNT DELAYED ONCE THEY ARE. Cadillac if you are listening just build the damn cars.

Last edited:
I think there is a 7-12 (poor-sha) not built along with mine(7-19) and other 7-19 cars. The more i read how upset those with cars built are as you wait for shipping i think maybe it’s better to be just waiting for them to be built. AS LONG AS THE SHIPPING ISNT DELAYED ONCE THEY ARE. Cadillac if you are listening just build the damn cars.
Correct, I'm a 7/12 TPW sitting at 3400 with no update since 6/24. I don't mind the delays and moving TPWs and statuses. What concerns me is how can the production system still have me planned for 3 weeks ago and not updated with a new expected date? Did it fall off the assembly line somewhere? ;)

Today I found out I'm pushed further out....no date in sight. WTF!!!!! I am now truly getting pissed off. If assigned a 3400 code, parts should be on hand for the build.....so why are certain cars being pushed backwards and others forward?

Today I found out I'm pushed further out....no date in sight. WTF!!!!! I am now truly getting pissed off. If assigned a 3400 code, parts should be on hand for the build.....so why are certain cars being pushed backwards and others forward?
Who gave you the information if I may ask?

To the topic of perspective ...

I know that it's super frustrating to order a car with a delivery time frame in mind and to keep getting pushed back with no communication as to why. But it should be noted that these days any ordered car that gets delayed any less than six months is in fact great news relative to what's happening out there.

- Ordered an RS6 Avant last spring, was a due to be built in June, kept getting pushed back, Audi kept deleting options to the point it wasn't the car I wanted so bailed on in last September. That car ended up being delivered to someone else in March.

- Ram TRX was due to be delivered last October, was Delivered February.

- Durango Hellcat had an original January delivery, was Delivered in June.

- I've had an AMG Black Series that was due to be built early January. Was built in April. Has been sitting at port in Germany since waiting for chips and I still don't know when it will get here, but it's at least two months away. So that one will prolly be over a year from order to delivery.

- Ordered a Land Rover Defender V8 in April. Had a June build date. LR has no chips, can't get aluminum, has a stop sale because of a tailight issue. Just the other day they pulled all the build dates on defender V8s from the system till they figure themselves out. There's even rumors that they're giving up on the 22MY in the US and will now release them in 23. About to bail on it.

These are just vehicles that I've dealt with but it's the same situation across the entire industry.

Again not saying that it's not frustrating to be told to wait longer, but the proper perspective here is that if your car is only pushed back by a month or two Cadillac would be outperforming the industry norm.

And yes I know I have car deficit disorder issues. :)

To the topic of perspective ...

I know that it's super frustrating to order a car with a delivery time frame in mind and to keep getting pushed back with no communication as to why. But it should be noted that these days any ordered car that gets delayed any less than six months is in fact great news relative to what's happening out there.

- Ordered an RS6 Avant last spring, was a due to be built in June, kept getting pushed back, Audi kept deleting options to the point it wasn't the car I wanted so bailed on in last September. That car ended up being delivered to someone else in March.

- Ram TRX was due to be delivered last October, was Delivered February.

- Durango Hellcat had an original January delivery, was Delivered in June.

- I've had an AMG Black Series that was due to be built early January. Was built in April. Has been sitting at port in Germany since waiting for chips and I still don't know when it will get here, but it's at least two months away. So that one will prolly be over a year from order to delivery.

- Ordered a Land Rover Defender V8 in April. Had a June build date. LR has no chips, can't get aluminum, has a stop sale because of a tailight issue. Just the other day they pulled all the build dates on defender V8s from the system till they figure themselves out. There's even rumors that they're giving up on the 22MY in the US and will now release them in 23. About to bail on it.

These are just vehicles that I've dealt with but it's the same situation across the entire industry.

Again not saying that it's not frustrating to be told to wait longer, but the proper perspective here is that if your car is only pushed back by a month or two Cadillac would be outperforming the industry norm.

And yes I know I have car deficit disorder issues. :)
You have a good taste in cars!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners