Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints - Week of July 23

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Below is the constraint report affecting Blackwing production for this week. Pay close attention to the Carbon Fiber packages:

2022-blackwing-constraints-july-23.JPG

Below is the constraint report affecting Blackwing production for this week. Pay close attention to the Carbon Fiber packages:

View attachment 3675
Rob, states tpw of 9-13-21 thru october for ct5 cf1/2. Would that have impacted us with tpw’s in July and August? Not sure i know how to read this report

Rob, states tpw of 9-13-21 thru october for ct5 cf1/2. Would that have impacted us with tpw’s in July and August? Not sure i know how to read this report
You're not alone. I have a hard time deciphering it too

Wow, I guess the cars that were built by now really got lucky.

Looks like the first 250 should be built without the constraint, hopefully 🤞
Doesn't sound like it given that those of us with CF2 and 7/12 TPWs haven't been built. GM had the same issue with getting CF bits from the supplier for the early Z06 and the ZR1. I assumed being in the initial 250 they would at least have enough to produce those cars but it doesn't look like it.

Doesn't sound like it given that those of us with CF2 and 7/12 TPWs haven't been built. GM had the same issue with getting CF bits from the supplier for the early Z06 and the ZR1. I assumed being in the initial 250 they would at least have enough to produce those cars but it doesn't look like it.
The way I read what Rob posted, is that the vehicles with a 9/13 TPW would be delayed. I was pretty sure all the 250 (on this board at least) had TPW of NLT than August.

I’m being optimistic for you guys. And still counting on what we previously heard (pretty sure) that they had all the 250 parts on hand already.
I hope you're right but that CF rear fascia is a big complicated piece and I know GM had issues in the past with having to reject a percentage of the parts the CF supplier sent. My fear is that they received enough parts but had to throw some percentage away due to defects.

My ZR1 was delivered with a blemish in the front splitter. Even though the dealer ordered at replacement the day I took delivery I never got one in the year or so I owned it.

I’m being optimistic for you guys. And still counting on what we previously heard (pretty sure) that they had all the 250 parts on hand already.
Unless there was a problem with those parts upon installation and they were rejected. As you're right in that they shouldn't even reach 3400 without the parts being on hand.

My CT5BW was delayed to 8/16 and set back to 3100 but I did not order the CF1/2 packages (figuring I could add the 1 or 2 individual pieces I might want in CF later). The rear seat backs are CF though but I'm not sure that is impacted as well from reading this.

The thing that bugs me is it should be simple enough for cadillac to reach out and ask if we want to remove the cf and build the car or if we'd rather wait. I'd probably just take the car and decide later if I want cf.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back