Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Non-black Black-wing?

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Someone posted a video of a red Blackwing coming out of a trailer recently that had a body color matched spoiler.

Can anyone confirm if the CT4-V without any of the Carbon Fiber packages comes with a black spoiler or a color matched spoiler?

So the blue 4 I saw had a black wing, but the rep claimed the production models will have body-colored wings by default. I think the black was just a cheap way to make it look like carbon fiber from a distance on the preproduction cars.

Someone posted a video of a red Blackwing coming out of a trailer recently that had a body color matched spoiler.

Can anyone confirm if the CT4-V without any of the Carbon Fiber packages comes with a black spoiler or a color matched spoiler?
Yes the 4 and 5 bw have matching colored rear spoiler only changes when u add carbon fiber packages

Yes the 4 and 5 bw have matching colored rear spoiler only changes when u add carbon fiber packages
I don't think that's true. @Mirza Grebovic confirmed that both 4 and 5 come with black wing even if CF package is not ordered.
I would prefer it to be color matched but unfortunately that's most likely not the case. Unless GM has decided to go with it for production now.

I don't think that's true. @Mirza Grebovic confirmed that both 4 and 5 come with black wing even if CF package is not ordered.
I would prefer it to be color matched but unfortunately that's most likely not the case. Unless GM has decided to go with it for production now.
Go to the digital brochure And it shows the color matched spoiler as standard Then shows the cf as the other 2 options

Mirza specifically mentions the 4. Could the 5 be different?

I believe the 4 is not color matched while the 5 is.

Boooo.... A black plastic spoiler is going to look silly.

Guess I'll have to get my painter on alert he'll have to fix that.

This is what car and driver shows for the 4
CA4155C7-2B32-4A15-80E1-4D737F301CDA.jpeg

Bummer.

I believe you, but man... That's disappointing. Certainly not my preference. For those of us that opted for "No carbon fiber package" you'd have thought that Cadillac would understand that those customers were going for a little more subdued look. This black plastic thing hanging off the trunk lid isn't quite the understated performance that I personally was hoping for. Fingers crossed it comes off easily for painting.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed, the Cadillac rep at the dealership with the 4 said the black wing would not be on the production car. I touched it and it feels like cheap plastic trash, and looks worse--it's basically the piano black plastic trim that everyone hates, but bolted onto the back of the car. I would've paid an upcharge to get a body-colored wing.

Bummer.

I believe you, but man... That's disappointing. Certainly not my preference. For those of us that opted for "No carbon fiber package" you'd have thought that Cadillac would understand that those customers were going for a little more subdued look. This black plastic thing hanging off the trunk lid isn't quite the understated performance that I personally was hoping for. Fingers crossed it comes off easily for painting.
Any reputable body shop could take that off in a heart beat and paint it....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back