Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

LPO Options: Worth it?

Sphinx

Seasoned Member
I'm considering the all weather mats (and trunk mat) and the black mirror caps. 1) do you get the base items with the car too? (so, the carpeted floor mats and the body color mirror caps).

Am I better off going aftermarket, from a price and quality perspective?

I'm considering the all weather mats (and trunk mat) and the black mirror caps. 1) do you get the base items with the car too? (so, the carpeted floor mats and the body color mirror caps).

I usually just wait until after I take delivery to buy these items. You can buy them directly from cadillac.com accessories website for less than if you order them with the car. For example, those mirror caps are like $195 when you order them with the car but they cost around $115 on the website. I usually use the GM points you get after you take delivery to pay for the trunk mat, etc.

My car came with carpeted floor mats with the V logo. I think they are fine. Some may prefer the all weather mats instead. As for the mirror caps, I would stick with OEM for better fit and finish.

If you order these as LPO, they're dealer installed anyway and they should give you the stock mirror caps and rugs. That was my case with my order. Same with the black lug nuts. Dealer put the stock ones in my trunk.

If you order these as LPO, they're dealer installed anyway and they should give you the stock mirror caps and rugs. That was my case with my order. Same with the black lug nuts. Dealer put the stock ones in my trunk.
Same. I have LPO black mirror caps, black lug nuts and all weather mats.... the standard ones (including the mirrors) were in the trunk on delivery.

I think that you’re better off not complicating your order and ordering those parts via one of the discount OEM online parts sources.

I bought a pair of black mirror caps before my car was even built, LOL. They were on sale at the time for less than the LPO with the car. I wanted the option to try them myself later. Still haven't done it, heh. :)

I bought a pair of black mirror caps before my car was even built, LOL. They were on sale at the time for less than the LPO with the car. I wanted the option to try them myself later. Still haven't done it, heh. :)
Don’t feel bad, mine are collecting dust as well. I bought them to paint match to the red calipers.

I would not add LPO options. Only because it could possibly cause a delivery delay (beyond the already delayed delay). It might not, but why risk it when you can get them just as easily through the dealer if you want.

Do those mirror caps cover the strip of chrome on the mirror as well?

Do those mirror caps cover the strip of chrome on the mirror as well?

For my 5, they are cut out just like the originals, so I say no, they don't cover the chrome strip.
IMG_20221104_101008750_PORTRAIT.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners