Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Battery Tender, cigarette adapter

I prefer my setup over using the "jump Point" because I don't have to leave the hood up or run the wires from underneath the car, and my electrical connection is at the rear of my car. I also keep my car covered and don't drive it as much as a lot of you guys so it works out better for me as its easy to connect and disconnect.

I prefer my setup over using the "jump Point" because I don't have to leave the hood up or run the wires from underneath the car, and my electrical connection is at the rear of my car. I also keep my car covered and don't drive it as much as a lot of you guys so it works out better for me as its easy to connect and disconnect.
For that exact reason (convenience to outlet location) I have mine mounted under the hood. It shouldn't matter functionally whether it's the jump points, battery, or cigarette lighter. Also, with AGM batteries, you are supposed to use the winter setting which is slightly higher voltage. 14.7V vs 14.4V.
PXL_20221101_174206944.jpg

I think I like some of the more intelligent maintainers out there like NOCO or CTEK that do more than just keep it topped off. But most will be fine at least keeping the battery from going flat.

For that exact reason (convenience to outlet location) I have mine mounted under the hood. It shouldn't matter functionally whether it's the jump points, battery, or cigarette lighter. Also, with AGM batteries, you are supposed to use the winter setting which is slightly higher voltage. 14.7V vs 14.4V.View attachment 13948
Can you share details on how you wired this up?

How long can the BW (4BW in my case) sit?
I'm out of town a few times coming up and thought I could end up going 3 weeks between driving it.

Obviously a different use case to setting them up for winter hibernation, but still wondered. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can still put them in transportation mode to save the battery? I use to do it on my SS..

The positive and negative terminals under the hood is what the guys at Spring Mountain said to use when I asked them. So, that is my plan and matches what I have done for many years on other cars. I’ve also done direct to battery on a few occasions and it was also fine. I don’t think there is a wrong answer here.

I think I like some of the more intelligent maintainers out there like NOCO or CTEK that do more than just keep it topped off. But most will be fine at least keeping the battery from going flat.
CTEX been good for me for the last few years, still rocking.

I close the hatch on cable for the charger for my Z06 (section between charger and 12V socket in the rear hatch), it doesn't hurt anything.

The red lead goes under the plastic cap to a post that's pretty obvious when you get in there. Take nut off, put eyelet lead on, put nut back on. The black lead goes to the grounding post circles. It comes right off. I used zip ties to tidy it up.View attachment 13959
Thanks. I had that setup on my V2, but wasn't sure how to get behind that grounding post. Did the standard pigtail work or did you have to buy the one with the larger eyelets?

Does anyone know if you can still put them in transportation mode to save the battery? I use to do it on my SS..
good question, I know how to take it out of that mode but I have never tried to put it back in it...

steps below to turn off.... maybe doing it again turns it back on?

while car is off, turn on the hazzard lights
press and hold the ignition button to turn on the car and continue pressing the button after it starts...
you will see a popup first for disabling of the auto shutdown, you should continue to keep button pressed.....
there will then be a popup saying transport mode disabled....

also, turning off the interior movement sensor will save a nice chunk of battery power

I use the Noco Genius 10 on my 4BW. I used the Corvette branded CTek on the C7Z but hanging a cord from the trunk was a lot more bother than hooking up the BW under the hood. It has worked well for me. I also have 0.75a and 1.5a tenders for my older stored cars and that is really not enough juice to properly tender the modern cars with all their electronics. I also have a dash cam with a parking mode so that pulls down more amps while parked than normal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back