Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V My budget winter setup test fit

Cadillac CT4-V model

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
I came across a deal on wheels.

Apex FL-5 18 x 9.5 ET28 square.

I like the idea of square to get more life out of the tires.

I was confident the fronts would fit. Was wondering how the rears would work out.

They are umm, aggressive. They stick out about 5-7mm more than ideal, but again, I paid $300 and NO shipping on an $1500-1800 set of wheels.

I added carbon fiber look Apex center caps, proper centering rings to adapt BMW to Cadillac bore and OEM pressure sensors.

I went with Michelin Alpin PA4s in 255/35/18.
PXL_20220923_151400839.jpg
PXL_20220923_154452702.jpg
PXL_20220923_154518798.jpg

All in a drip under $1500.

I came across a deal on wheels. Apex FL-5 18 x 9.5 ET28 square.

I was confident the fronts would fit. Was wondering how the rears would work out. They are umm, aggressive. They stick out about 5-7mm more than ideal,

I went with Michelin Alpin PA4s in 255/35/18.

In that last pic taken from above, is that just the wheels sticking out? So with tires mounted they would stick out even more?

In that last pic taken from above, is that just the wheels sticking out? So with tires mounted they would stick out even more?
Yes, and I picked an angle that made it look extreme, from dead on plan view it's more flush.

Like I said, it's not ideal, but not an issue to me.

When it is cold and wet out, your car is going to be a *handful*. A fun handful (giggidy), but a handful indeed.

I went with a square winter setup on my Genesis G70, with 4 winter tires in the stock front width on -1 wheels, and the ass end was all over the place. And that car had just over half the power of the Blackwing.

Sorry, stock. My initial post was in response to the cars handling in the winter not issues with the width of the wheels in the OP. Figured I should clarify.
Good to hear that a 255/35 will fit onto the stock rear wheel of a 4BW - I was concerned the wheel would be to wide. There are few if any 265/35 winter tires available in stock anywhere. Does having a square winter set up adversely effect traction?

I think it's better for snow/winter. For planting power in the dry, yeah, wider is better. But for winter, narrow is good and square is a no brainer.
Good to hear that a 255/35 will fit onto the stock rear wheel of a 4BW - I was concerned the wheel would be to wide. There are few if any 265/35 winter tires available in stock anywhere. Does having a square winter set up adversely effect traction?

I agree with the above. You'll have a drastically larger traction and feel difference based on the tire you select vs the 1" shorter rear. True winter vs performance winter vs all season is the decision that will affect your ride the most.

I think it's better for snow/winter. For planting power in the dry, yeah, wider is better. But for winter, narrow is good and square is a no brainer.
Those are sweet looking wheels esp for $1500 w/tires. Let's see some more glamor shots!

Those are sweet looking wheels esp for $1500 w/tires. Let's see some more glamor shots!
Getting them mounted and balanced tomorrow, when I put them on the car, dunno. The morning commute is having some days in the 30's next week, so might throw them on the car this weekend.

As long as it's not raining or snowing the pilots do OK mid 30+. Those Blizzaks are going to feel ugh if you're driving home and it's high 50s out. I try and wait until next month before I put winters on.

Narrow is better for the winter, provided you are driving in snow. Wet, icy, and cold? I’m not so sure.
As I've said before, all of you guys switching to a square setup, be prepared for the handling balance to change. And for everyone switching off of the PS4S, be prepared for a lot less grip!

Learned the hard way that the sensors didn't come with the nuts to mount them to the wheel rim. So you'll need PN 13581557

Since I have a delay,
PXL_20221015_171059809.jpg
this was a little over the top. I compounded, polished and ceramic coated the winter wheels.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back