Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

EV Thoughts Thread: cause the old farts did their usual thing

A lot of the Tesla drivers here are super aggressive too...like they own the road.
They’re bad here in TX, I can’t imagine how LI Tesla drivers are! Recently, I was stopped at a light and when my light turned green, 3 Tesla’s blew the red light and turned out in front of me. It was that day I dubbed the Model S a “cockroach” (they kinda look like one, no?) 😂

I looked at Tesla for a bit, but I hate the Ipad on the dashboard look, and with Tesla it's one Ipad in the center with no driver instrumentation. Then I saw the problems with fit/finish and wrote them off completely. I may look at an electric car someday, but as an addition, not as a primary car. Still too many limitations and evolving technology and support. Even then, it may not be a Tesla because I hate the guy running it...

I’ll prob eventually get a small electric to commute and do errands, etc. Just not ready. I’ve never owned a truck but the Rivian is getting lots of good press. I think the Ioniq looks cool too.

Around here, I see Tesla's just as much as BMWs. Whenever I think about how many Tesla's I see on the road, I look around and usually see 1 or maybe 3 around me. I rarely see erratic driving from a Tesla.

Most everyone in the area drives a full size pickup or 3 row SUV. Most of my neighbors have 5th wheels so it's pretty common to see Dulleys and 3500 diesels. I pretty much see a Ford Raptor every day.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I've had it, so far I've gotten no looks at all. No one knows what it is or doesn't care. Just the way I like it, under the radar so I can get away with speeding and banging through the gears.

I have yet to see 1 blackwing at a cars and coffee... Here's a picture of a Westlake Village C&C. Reminds me of the Nick Cage scene in Gone in 60 seconds...
20220717_090658.jpg

Went to a local brewery in a small CT town (Chester), parked in front, and the five people sitting outside all said "What a beautiful car! What is it?" I explained it to them and they all said, "OMG, a manual; does that exist any more?" Love it!

Went to a local brewery in a small CT town (Chester), parked in front, and the five people sitting outside all said "What a beautiful car! What is it?" I explained it to them and they all said, "OMG, a manual; does that exist any more?" Love it!
That is awesome!
The manual is absolutely the party piece.
Whether you tell them or they look inside, it is the - WTF GTFO - response, but in a good way 😀

I have found my CT5-V BW does get a lot of attention (thumbs ups, comments) from car guys and non car guys alike. That said, mine is electric blue.

Funny this thread devolved into an ICE vs EV debate. Ironically I got a thumbs up from a Tesla driver yesterday. While I love my manual BW (and Focus RS and Ducati Monster), I will embrace the electric future. In fact, I have a Rivian R1S on order for my wife and Aptera on order as a commuter for me. It saddens me that EVs have become a political hot potato and am increasingly convinced that most of those who hate on EVs haven’t experienced one of the higher end EVs. While different from an ICE, EVs are incredibly fun and exciting. There’s is nothing like the instantaneous and flat torque curve afforded by EVs.

I have found my CT5-V BW does get a lot of attention (thumbs ups, comments) from car guys and non car guys alike. That said, mine is electric blue.

Funny this thread devolved into an ICE vs EV debate. Ironically I got a thumbs up from a Tesla driver yesterday. While I love my manual BW (and Focus RS and Ducati Monster), I will embrace the electric future. In fact, I have a Rivian R1S on order for my wife and Aptera on order as a commuter for me. It saddens me that EVs have become a political hot potato and am increasingly convinced that most of those who hate on EVs haven’t experienced one of the higher end EVs. While different from an ICE, EVs are incredibly fun and exciting. There’s is nothing like the instantaneous and flat torque curve afforded by EVs.
This is exactly right.

I'll go a step further (backward?) and say that if you actually *hate* EVs, you're a fucking moron. EVs are not Elon Musk. EVs are not self righteous Tesla drivers. EVs are not a replacement for a loud gas burning manual sport sedan. EVs are not better than gas cars for every driving use case. But a quality EV is great to drive in its own right. If the instant torque that snaps you into the seat when you mash the go pedal for the first time doesn't put a smile on your face, you are simply not a car enthusiast.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back