Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

With a V8 it would be heavier and the weight distribution would suffer. It would undermine the things that make it a better driver.
Honest question: Is the N/A small block actually much heavier? They're incredibly light for their size, and a big V6 with two turbos, intercoolers, and DOHC is probably not terribly light.

Honest question: Is the N/A small block actually much heavier? They're incredibly light for their size, and a big V6 with two turbos, intercoolers, and DOHC is probably not terribly light.
The V6 is not very light, it’s just more compact.

With a V8 it would be heavier and the weight distribution would suffer.

I tried doing a weight comparison a while back and came out with the V8 being 70 lbs more. But I bow to the knowledge here. There are so many flavors of the small block chebbies that I was probably looking at one with an iron block or something.

As Mirza pointed out here, though, the small block won't even fit. So it's kind of a dumb thing for teh yootoobers to keep harping about.

Plus pushrods. Ewww. :giggle: The last time I owned a vehicle with pushrods was 39 years ago.

The LT1 is 465lbs
The LF3 is 485lbs
The LT4 is 529lbs
The LS7 is 454lbs
The LS2 is 443lbs
The LF4 is 453lbs per the service manual specs.
For comparison the F20c out of an s2000 weights 326lbs and a Honda k24 weighs 413lbs.

These are approximations I found online. Does anyone know what an LSA weighs?

Last edited:
Yeah I think an annoying distinctive voice is part of the car youtuber receipe for success. I feel like I want to punch so many of the car youtubers in the face for their annoying voices, Shmee, Speed phenom, Ratti rides. But judging by their subscription numbers they are doing well. I wonder if they actually talk that annoying in real life.
I have a channel for my diecast car collection.

I was trending to 30-40% female viewers. I had no idea why.

A female friend said it was my voice and big hands lol.

I have a channel for my diecast car collection.

I was trending to 30-40% female viewers. I had no idea why.

A female friend said it was my voice and big hands lol.
Hahaha! But I'm guessing it's those mom's turning on the channel for their kids🤔

And modest
Hahahahahahahahaha!
1659747873832.png

When are we gonna get a 1:18 diecast blackwing!
There's companies out there that make custom models, we need to get in on a group buy

When are we gonna get a 1:18 diecast blackwing!
I think it'll be a Chinese dealership model if we do get one. So far they have Non BlackWing CT4 and CT5s.

Well I don't want to punch you in the face based on your voice.
That's a plus.

It's my personality that'll do it, not my voice :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back