Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Horn Issues

Shholliday

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I needed to get on the horn yesterday and noticed that if I don't push on the Cadillac emblem on the steering wheel the horn does not blow. Normally, you can push on the sides and the horn blows. Is this what you guys are seeing as well?

Yes, I have to push on the upper part of the pad for the horn to work. The bottom part pushes in and springs back like you would normally think, but no sound. I find it hard to make small tapping honks, which is annoying, LOL.

Yes, I have to push on the upper part of the pad for the horn to work. The bottom part pushes in and springs back like you would normally think, but no sound. I find it hard to make small tapping honks, which is annoying, LOL.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Thanks for the reply.

I did some more "testing" in the garage after this was posted. I pressed all around the pad numerous times. Operation was not very repeatable in every spot. I don't know what to think about this. 🤔

I did some more "testing" in the garage after this was posted. I pressed all around the pad numerous times. Operation was not very repeatable in every spot. I don't know what to think about this. 🤔
Me too. I'm going to be taking her in for the first oil change in a couple of weeks. I'll see what they say.

My car has to go in eventually for the heated steering wheel retrofit, so maybe something will change for the better when they are in there.😏

FYI, to close the loop. I took her in today for the 7,500 mile oil and tire rotation and balancing. Sewell ordered a new horn assembly as they said the horn was not operating properly.
Yeah, mine seems too sporadic. Went to use it recently and did not work when I supposedly pushed in the sweet spot. Tell us how it goes after the fix. 🙂

FYI, to close the loop. I took her in today for the 7,500 mile oil and tire rotation/balancing. Sewell ordered a new horn assembly as they said the horn was not operating properly.
Is it beneficial to rotate a staggered setup? When I had my AMG they said not to bother. Maybe they were just lazy?

Same
Will do.
Same here.
Yeah, mine seems too sporadic. Went to use it recently and did not work when I supposedly pushed in the sweet spot. Tell us how it goes after the fix. 🙂
Yep, I noticed the horn has to be pushed in the right spot sometimes (I know!!!) even the car! The other day had the stereo "in full load test mode" and hit the horn, got no reaction? Turned the volume down and nothing was happening with it? No horn. Interrupted "Red Barchetta" by Rush and Neil Peart (RIP) tearing the skin's up as I had to blew by an EV! Gonna bring it up at the first oil change with my friends! Pls post how you're fix works out! Tess 3.....lol! Plaid, maybe different story!

Last edited:
FYI, to close the loop. I took her in today for the 7,500 mile oil and tire rotation/balancing. Sewell ordered a new horn assembly as they said the horn was not operating properly.
See you have the Tech Bronze wheels, no worries with balancing and the techs making sure "no curb" rash is added? All is good? Great techs at my dealer but there is no way to guarantee which tech gets the car for service. Some techs have more experience then others? Sometimes it shows from past experience.

Is it beneficial to rotate a staggered setup? When I had my AMG they said not to bother. Maybe they were just lazy?
You know, I was wondering about this as well and asked that question. But, my service advisor said that is the procedure. I am paying $52.00 to have them balanced as well. It's probably not necessary but I figure while they are off, I might as well have it done.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back