Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

You certainly love playing this archetype and I respect what you're saying. I'm assuming we should all just get used to you saying it ad-nauseam?
Every car forum has the person or two that wants to make sure everyone knows their car isn't as good as they might think it is.

You certainly love playing this archetype and I respect what you're saying. I'm assuming we should all just get used to you saying it ad-nauseam?

Yes my wife always tells me I'm a broken record and she's heard the same stories from me a million times. Being repetitive is a terminal illness.

Also did you happen to know, the 5BW is going to lose some comparisons tests in the future?

1659639877638.png

I mean, honestly, based on the cost of each car the Cadillac should be last by a wide margin. The fact that its even close or in some of these comparisons actually is rated higher is actually quite impressive and somewhat embarrassing for BMW and MB IMO. I would take a 5BW + $40k (or $90k) in my pocket all day over either car. Sorry, there's a major point of dimensioning returns here IMO. Also, the major appeal to me and many others of the 5BW is the MT and the RWD. I was not even considering a 4 door sedan for my next 3rd car it was most likely going to be another sportscar or supercar. After seeing the 5BW on Jay Leno's Garage that took me down the 5BW rabbit hole. So kudos to Cadillac on that. They gave me a new car, with a MT, that is fun to drive, with great performance, that I can also pick my son up in daycare in for less than $100k.
I noticed your list of past cars, having all those Lotus's! What are your thoughts on the new Emira? I've always liked Lotus but was never in a position to get one.

My biggest issue is that EVERY SINGLE REVIEW compares the 4BW to the
My biggest issue is that EVERY SINGLE REVIEW compares the 4BW to the 5BW.

Here's another formulaic review of the 4. Recap

It's a better driver than the 5 if only it had the sound of a v8. I don't get it. They complain the v6 doesn't inspire from a sound perspective unless you're on it in a car with active noise canceling, acoustic front and side glass designed to competently luxo cruise as a daily driver. It's like they specialize in missing the point.

I noticed your list of past cars, having all those Lotus's! What are your thoughts on the new Emira? I've always liked Lotus but was never in a position to get one.
Honestly I was disappointed in the Emira (on paper of course, never drove one since they aren't out yet). The car is heavily based on the Evora, which is great. The Evora has one, if not the, best chassis for its class. Honestly, I really loved my Evora and would have kept it, but I just barely was able to drive it having a young child. I needed something a little more "practical" (for now). The closest dealer to me is 2.5 hours away, so it was always a pain getting it serviced. I will say the car was very reliable though. That Toyota engine is rock solid and I never really had any major issues at all with the car. Just a few things that were covered under warranty.

The Emira looks great, no doubt, but the performance is lacking IMO. Yes, I know Lotus isn't know for 0-60 or being crazy high HP cars, but to me at this point for a company trying to rebuild itself and its brand releasing an almost $100k 400HP car just doesn't cut it. Especially since the outgoing Evora GT is is heavily based on had both a 416 and 430HP variant. Also, I already owned a 400HP Lotus in the Evora 400, I felt like it was more of a lateral move. It being Lotus's last ICE car I was hoping they would go out with more of a bang.

So its a car I still may consider down the road, but most likely it will only be if they get a bit more power out of it. IMO it should have at least came with 450HP out of the box. I am holding out hope that they tune the Emira I4 version with that AMG to a higher power level down the road and it may bring me back to Lotus. We'll see.

It's a better driver than the 5 if only it had the sound of a v8. I don't get it. They complain the v6 doesn't inspire from a sound perspective unless you're on it in a car with active noise canceling, acoustic front and side glass designed to competently luxo cruise as a daily driver. It's like they specialize in missing the point.

The 4 will continually be reviewed as the car that should have gotten a v8. Even if the 4 sounds better than any of the S58 variants, it doesn't matter to a lot of the publications.

It's a better driver than the 5 if only it had the sound of a v8. I don't get it. ... It's like they specialize in missing the point.

Yup.

Even Jason Cammisa has been singing that song. His podcast was especially funny because he said with a V8 it would be the "best sports sedan in the world". Then his podcast buddy just calmly said, "It already is." And Cammisa was like, "OK, yeah. It is. But it could be even better!"

Except it wouldn't be. With a V8 it would be heavier and the weight distribution would suffer. It would undermine the things that make it a better driver.

But it would sound better, yeah. And while we're doing the "style over susbtance" thing, let's throw some 19s on there.

The 4 will continually be reviewed as the car that should have gotten a v8. Even if the 4 sounds better than any of the S58 variants, it doesn't matter to a lot of the publications.

It's lazy journalism and a failure to comprehend the brand. The alpha platform (ATS/CT4) were developed by Cadillac and adopted by other models CT5 and Camaro. The HighFeature V6 was developed for Cadillac and eventually dropped in just about every GM product where it could fit.

The Blackwing V8(LTA) is the pinnacle Cadillac engine from a technology standpoint but it's too big and expensive to fit in anything but an Omega or larger platform vehicle. The LF4 takes the LF3 and applies all the best technology from the LTA. The LF4 is Cadillac's technological flagship powerplant.

So while they are pining for a raucous V8 and bemoaning the swan song of the big small block, (which isn't going anywhere for a while, in the C8) they completely miss the fact that the LF4 is the final evolution of the engine the folks in Flint designed for Cadillac that wound up sustaining GM as company. There's an article to be told in just that. You literally have an award winning v6 smooth enough to run unnoticed in a Buick, the torque to work in trucks and full size SUVs, yet quick reving and powerful enough to be a legit NA performance powerplant in Camaro .

Does the LF4 sound good, absolutely. It's not a v8 true, however it is the most potent version of the most prolific v6 GM has ever produced coming full circle to the platform that it was originally born to power. It's Alpha and HighFeature, both Cadillac developed designs, together again for the last time.

I can read specs for myself and driving impressions are great, but for crying out loud, do some actual journalism!

It's lazy journalism and a failure to comprehend the brand. The alpha platform (ATS/CT4) were developed by Cadillac and adopted by other models CT5 and Camaro. The HighFeature V6 was developed for Cadillac and eventually dropped in just about every GM product where it could fit.

The Blackwing V8(LTA) is the pinnacle Cadillac engine from a technology standpoint but it's too big and expensive to fit in anything but an Omega or larger platform vehicle. The LF4 takes the LF3 and applies all the best technology from the LTA. The LF4 is Cadillac's technological flagship powerplant.

So while they are pining for a raucous V8 and bemoaning the swan song of the big small block, (which isn't going anywhere for a while, in the C8) they completely miss the fact that the LF4 is the final evolution of the engine the folks in Flint designed for Cadillac that wound up sustaining GM as company. There's an article to be told in just that. You literally have an award winning v6 smooth enough to run unnoticed in a Buick, the torque to work in trucks and full size SUVs, yet quick reving and powerful enough to be a legit NA performance powerplant in Camaro .

Does the LF4 sound good, absolutely. It's not a v8 true, however it is the most potent version of the most prolific v6 GM has ever produced coming full circle to the platform that it was originally born to power. It's Alpha and HighFeature, both Cadillac developed designs, together again for the last time.

I can read specs for myself and driving impressions are great, but for crying out loud, do some actual journalism!
Some publication needs to hire this guy!!!

RE: 4BW compared to 5BW. They release them at the same time and seem to pair them up for reviewers, so it's going to happen.
And it really isn't an M3 competitor, it is a real tweener IMHO. Once the M2 comes out, hopefully we see some M2, RS3, 4BW reviews. At least at price point they are in the same space, if here the 4BW is more what the M3 is compared to it.

How VERY well put. No need to say more.

It's a shame they killed the CT6, CT6V and the LTA. I'd love have one in the garage.

Here's the next lazy journalism hot take on these cars that I'm sure will percolate through the youtube and blogosphere echo chamber: the Blackwings aren't selling well. Mark my words, some doofus like Doug DeMuro will mention in a video "well they only sold like 1,500 CT-4 Blackwings in the first year, and less than half of them were manuals...what a failure for GM!" when in fact every single Blackwing is selling almost as fast as GM can pump them out, and in many (most?) cases with a healthy ADM on top.

Here's the next lazy journalism hot take on these cars that I'm sure will percolate through the youtube and blogosphere echo chamber: the Blackwings aren't selling well. Mark my words, some doofus like Doug DeMuro will mention in a video "well they only sold like 1,500 CT-4 Blackwings in the first year, and less than half of them were manuals...what a failure for GM!" when in fact every single Blackwing is selling almost as fast as GM can pump them out, and in many (most?) cases with a healthy ADM on top.
tumblr_p7g5kpqqjA1uiinwco1_400.gif

Attachments

• 1659713664777.png
    1659713664777.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 58
I'll take your strawman bet :)
Everyone knows the current production issues and getting one at msrp. Everyone knows the clock is ticking on their production runs and then no more fully ICE 4/5 option.

This isn't like the V Wagon or something else from wayback yonder. Everyone will say something sure, but a common/majority POV? Nah.

I'll take your strawman bet :)
Everyone knows the current production issues and getting one at msrp. Everyone knows the clock is ticking on their production runs and then no more fully ICE 4/5 option.

This isn't like the V Wagon or something else from wayback yonder. Everyone will say something sure, but a common/majority POV? Nah.
You're on! Let history be our judge. I hope I am wrong.

^And 1 thing we can all agree on - Doug is awful to listen to :LOL:
Seriously. That voice. Those mannerisms.
He'd be a once every couple seasons Seinfeld character, like broken-thumbs Mike or drugstore counter guy.

^And 1 thing we can all agree on - Doug is awful to listen to :LOL:
Seriously. That voice. Those mannerisms.
He'd be a once every couple seasons Seinfeld character, like broken-thumbs Mike or drugstore counter guy.

Yeah I think an annoying distinctive voice is part of the car youtuber receipe for success. I feel like I want to punch so many of the car youtubers in the face for their annoying voices, Shmee, Speed phenom, Ratti rides. But judging by their subscription numbers they are doing well. I wonder if they actually talk that annoying in real life.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back