Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What don't you like about your CT5-V Blackwing?

CT5-V Model
This little parking sensor screen seems to appear at random times and doesn’t appear when I would seem to require it. Anyway to manually turn it on?

Attachments

• B67AB9B5-FC33-4F5E-B71F-CED002055496.jpeg
    B67AB9B5-FC33-4F5E-B71F-CED002055496.jpeg
    841.6 KB · Views: 76
That's great to know ....I was afraid my dealer would say the tint was the issue
Mine was doing it before the tint. But, some dealers appear to be pretty inept (or don’t really want to spend the time to do it) at chasing down rattles and buzzes. The Mercedes I had before my 5BW had some rattle issues. Some they fixed, another annoying one I chased down myself and had taken 2 door panels off and part of the headliner before I resolved the issue.

Mine was doing it before the tint. But, some dealers appear to be pretty inept (or don’t really want to spend the time to do it) at chasing down rattles and buzzes. The Mercedes I had before my 5BW had some rattle issues. Some they fixed, another annoying one I chased down myself and had taken 2 door panels off and part of the headliner before I resolved the issue.
It really is the worst thing ..chasing down rattles..it does feel like the door may need to be adjusted in my case as well.

Another nit pick :)...the seat exit memory works well as the seat moves back as soon as you open the door, but the seat entry memory does not work until you start the car. In my wife's Macan it works as soon as you close the door. The seat was pushed back too far for me to reach the clutch pedal to start the car (I had to re-adjust it). It's a convenience feature so it would have been great for seat entry memory to work when you close the door.

Stains on strut tower brace and lid/cover....trying to figure out how to remove...came like this.
Looks like aluminum oxidation. Would let the dealer know about it, that you need it fixed and see if they have a person to do it. It does make we wonder, they must not have done a clear anodize on that part as it would have prevented this.

Looks like aluminum oxidation. Would let the dealer know about it, that you need it fixed and see if they have a person to do it. It does make we wonder, they must not have done a clear anodize on that part as it would have prevented this.
I really, really doubt that's the case. If it doesn't come off with water and a microfiber towel, try some distilled white vinegar.

Canadian complaint:
Not being able to configure some instruments and controls for metric and others for imperial.
For example, like most Canadians, I think, I prefer my cars’ thermometer readouts and temperature controls expressed in Celsius, speed in km/h, and tire and boost pressure in psi. (Also prefer Oxford commas, as you can see.)
By the way, while some of this is certainly generational, even younger people up here tend to think about meat and cheese in pounds, oven temperatures in Fahrenheit, and body weight and size in pounds and feet and inches, even while having been converted by that other, earlier, and better Trudeau to metric in other respects a long time ago.
The Mustang I traded in and my wife’s Mazda, in contrast to my sweet new Caddy, let us configure some measurements in metric and others in imperial (or “English”, as you put it south of the border, for reasons that escape me).
Minor annoyance, I know, but I just don’t think in kilopascals.
And once again, you Yanks just don’t get us.

Canadian cultural educational moment completed. You can now resume your usual activities.

50243EBA-B2BB-4E4B-BFE9-09F364C7F189.gif

Canadian complaint:
Not being able to configure some instruments and controls for metric and others for imperial.
For example, like most Canadians, I think, I prefer my cars’ thermometer readouts and temperature controls expressed in Celsius, speed in km/h, and tire and boost pressure in psi. (Also prefer Oxford commas, as you can see.)
By the way, while some of this is certainly generational, even younger people up here tend to think about meat and cheese in pounds, oven temperatures in Fahrenheit, and body weight and size in pounds and feet and inches, even while having been converted by that other, earlier, and better Trudeau to metric in other respects a long time ago.
The Mustang I traded in and my wife’s Mazda, in contrast to my sweet new Caddy, let us configure some measurements in metric and others in imperial (or “English”, as you put it south of the border, for reasons that escape me).

Canadian cultural educational moment completed. You can now resume your usual activities.

View attachment 11315
1659746126634.png

1659746152257.png

1659746172750.png

Canadian complaint:

View attachment 11315
I do wish I could get the outside temperature in C, but have everything else in Imperial, as I just think car stuff (and like you point out generally weight/height) in Imperial, but it looks like it's one or the other, which is annoying.
This is my first car in the digital dash age where I could not make that distinction. Agree it's a silly annoyance.

Canadian complaint:

View attachment 11315
+1 Oxford commas!

It really is the worst thing ..chasing down rattles..it does feel like the door may need to be adjusted in my case as well.
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I finally spent some time on the highway (280 miles worth) and in my case it only makes the sound above around 60mph. I suspect it has something to do with air flow against the door/window and not road induced vibration.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I finally spent some time on the highway (280 miles worth) and in my case it only makes the sound above around 60mph. I suspect it has something to do with air flow against the door/window and not road induced vibration.
No resolution...I put some isolation rubber bumpers in the joint within the pull handle above the door and that reduced the buzzing. I had pulled the handle down and held it to see if it reduced it and it did...will see if this works

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back