Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you do to your Blackwing today?

Can’t wait for this, was thinking my car is way too quiet but realized it’s probably just due to being limited to 4500rpm.
I saw videos of 4BW's doing the BRAP BRAP on acceleration runs and was wondering why mine wasn't doing it, before I realized that this was likely the reason.

That being said, I'd like to hear how you 5BW owners like the no-lift. Only tried once in my 4BW as 1st gear it suggests you shift around 4500 rpm and 2nd gear is around 5700. No Lift shift, to my knowledge, should be used near redline and I just couldn't test it anywhere.
I just tried it the other day. It's bonkers. It's not natural feeling for me as it was the first no-lift shift of my 15+ years driving stick. Letting off the clutch in 2nd slams you hard into the seat.

I would never use no-lift shifting if it wasn't a hard acceleration run near redline. I've seen videos of "reviewers" doing the no lift shifting just driving around town, and I just can't even.

I just tried it the other day. It's bonkers. It's not natural feeling for me as it was the first no-lift shift of my 15+ years driving stick. Letting off the clutch in 2nd slams you hard into the seat.

I would never use no-lift shifting if it wasn't a hard acceleration run near redline. I've seen videos of "reviewers" doing the no lift shifting just driving around town, and I just can't even.
Yeah I already feel like I’m losing my skills using rev matching but it’s just so much smoother and probably better for the transmission in terms of longevity. No matter how close I am I’m always off the perfect rev match by 1-2k RPM doing it manually. No lift shift though, I mean might as well not even consider yourself driving a manual lol.

Yeah I already feel like I’m losing my skills using rev matching but it’s just so much smoother and probably better for the transmission in terms of longevity. No matter how close I am I’m always off the perfect rev match by 1-2k RPM doing it manually. No lift shift though, I mean might as well not even consider yourself driving a manual lol.
I wouldn't go as far as saying you can't consider yourself driving a manual. This isn't the damn near impossible to stall modern Honda.. You're still putting in work to get it right, the car just helps you a little.

My foot is too big to heel-toe almost anything lol so rev matching is clutch (no pun intended). Like @jumpmanjay said, I'd personally not want to use no-lift shift. I'm sure I was doing it wrong, not revving out enough or not dumping the clutch fast enough, but it was very jerky. Threw you back in the seat but didn't feel any quicker than lifting to shift.

Haha, same. My previous manual car was an Acura TL type S. I was pretty good rev matching, usually within a couple hundred rpm. I've found myself being very far off when trying without rev match in the BW. I'm battling feeling like a wuss and having it on vs just turning it on every drive and having those buttery smooth downshifts.

9/10 I just end up turning it on lol.

10/10 would use flat foot shifting... My "fun" car before this was a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 with a built motor/big turbo/necessary mods.... because the turbo was a little big for the motor displacement, I had to get used to FFS. It is amazing how different a manual car can feel when you stay in the powerband between shifts. I think I was the only person at Spring Valley that was using it as well during my class session.

10/10 would use flat foot shifting... My "fun" car before this was a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 with a built motor/big turbo/necessary mods.... because the turbo was a little big for the motor displacement, I had to get used to FFS. It is amazing how different a manual car can feel when you stay in the powerband between shifts. I think I was the only person at Spring Valley that was using it as well during my class session.
You were.. It does not feel natural to me, or I'm to dumb to use it....One of the two..

It does take some work to get used to it, but once you do... it is pretty spiffy
What conditions have to be met for no lift upshift to work? I have tried a few times and failed on my brand new ct5. I have another vehicle with no lift shift and it works all the time at any speed and at any throttle position. Clearly not the case with the blackwing.

Edit: decided to RTFM. According to manual must be WOT and rpm >5,000. Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Edit: decided to RTFM. According to manual must be WOT and rpm >5,000. Will try again tomorrow.
Noah Centineo Chef GIF by Allure

Well tried it today and it works exactly as advertised. It’s scary AF as there aren’t too many places outside of a race track where you can do much more than a 1-2 WOT shift above 5k and stay out of jail. Car is a beast rears break loose on the WOT 1-2 no lift shift

Well tried it today and it works exactly as advertised. It’s scary AF as there aren’t too many places outside of a race track where you can do much more than a 1-2 WOT shift above 5k and stay out of jail. Car is a beast rears break loose on the WOT 1-2 no lift shift
LOL if you get caught

Yeah I am happy with infrared as well. Its basically 2 different reds. Darker red in shade or more cherry in sunlight.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back