Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Stealth PPF on aCT5-V Blackwing - Walk Around Video. Black Raven.

CT5-V Model

1StunnaV

Blackwing King
Supporting Dealer
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
715whp 2013 CTS-V Coupe (sold) 590whp 2016 ATS-V Coupe (sold) CT4-V Blackwing (Soon)
Customer’s vehicle. looks SICK

...And way more protection. PPF on any Frost paint is a no brainer.

Looks awesome!

...And way more protection. PPF on any Frost paint is a no brainer.

Looks awesome!
that's the thing, it's not Frost, it's a glossy black. The matte PPF makes it look like a frost paint though

that's the thing, it's not Frost, it's a glossy black. The matte PPF makes it look like a frost paint though
I'm aware of that. JS....What's cool is it covers up alot of blemishes and it's what you'd want on a frost finish since you really can't repair it once damaged.

I'm aware of that. JS....What's cool is it covers up alot of blemishes and it's what you'd want on a frost finish since you really can't repair it once damaged.
that is 100% a false rumor thats been going around for a long time.... I believed it, until I saw for my own eyes that it wasnt true... now multiple times....

Cadillac has had "frost" paints mutlitple times and I have seen almost all of them on cars with bumpers or panels repainted and get this.... the labor and cost of paint WAS THE EXACT SAME and they matched.....

This is one rumor I call 100% bullcrap on........

that is 100% a false rumor thats been going around for a long time.... I believed it, until I saw for my own eyes that it wasnt true... now multiple times....

Cadillac has had "frost" paints mutlitple times and I have seen almost all of them on cars with bumpers or panels repainted and get this.... the labor and cost of paint WAS THE EXACT SAME and they matched.....

This is one rumor I call 100% bullcrap on........
Im referring to the fact that frost paint, once scratched, cannot be buffed out. A repaint is needed. Of course repainting is possible, no arguments there and I never said that.

100% no bullshit...Applying a matte PPF on a Frost paint job will cover blemishes due to its self healing properties. You can park it in sun, apply heat and in most cases the film can be healed. Yes, some scratches are too deep and can't be fixed.

Dustin, you guys sent the car out to get PPF'd before dealer pick up or was this after?

that's basically noir frost right there.

It isn’t.

I’ve had many gloss black vehicles wrapped with XPEL stealth opaque wrap, and I’ve had factory painted matte cars, including black ones. The two finishes are vastly different. A factory matte paint actually has a lot of depth and sheen to it, XPEL Stelth dulls everything out. It still can look very good, but it’s not the same as a true matte paint. Once the Frost Noir car is put next top an Xpel Stealth wrapped gloss black one, the difference will be very visible.

I'm behind the times...has a Frost Noir car been revealed yet? I would love to see that paint in person...still hoping it's basically the CTSV2 black diamond paint, but matte.

I'm behind the times...has a Frost Noir car been revealed yet? I would love to see that paint in person...still hoping it's basically the CTSV2 black diamond paint, but matte.
Not sure if the black car in the track edition reveal is noir or not but the black version is supposed to be Noir Frost

I go back and forth on wrapping my car. I've never done it before and certain wraps don't look great. I like the ones posted here. I would go some type of white or the flat grey you see on the Dodges, BMWs, Toyotas, etc. My ct4 is white and I like seeing all of the carbon pop, so I wouldn't go dark.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back