Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who paid over MSRP

Zazman28

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5 Blackwing
This is something that got me upset. I have been buying Cadillacs for 20 years. My wife and I both drive Cadillacs. When the initial allocations were open, I didn't make the cut, so I quickly contacted the dealership I usually purchase cars from, and they added me to the list. This did not stop me from calling every dealership in Florida, and every dealership was charging markups of 15k to 25k. This frustrated me so much. Until one day, a dealer called me to tell me they had a CT5 BW available and wanted $50k over MSRP, which was the last straw. I wrote to Cadillac to complain about the price gauging, and they told me someone local would call me back.
The next day I received a call from a representative for Cadillac, and I was told they would see what could be done. A week later, I received a lovely gift basket but no follow-up call. This was three months ago. Fast forward 2/weeks ago, I received a call from a local dealership that knew I had been looking, and they told me two were on the way, and one was spoken for, but they could offer me the second one. I asked the price, and they said 15k over MSRP. At this point, I was over it and said I would agree to 10k over, and honestly, I wasn't convinced. After three days of back and forth, they wouldn't budge. At this point, I came to terms that I probably was going to have to wait a long time. This Tuesday, I was heading home from work when I received a text message from the dealership with photos of the BW they received. Instead of being excited, I got upset and was no longer interested in dealing with the dealer's greed, so I didn't respond. The following day I got a call, and the rep told me the owner wanted me to have the car and would agree to 10k over. Again I was not convinced I would, but I told him I would come by around lunchtime. When I arrived, they had the BW in the showroom, and the rep quickly cranked her up 😍 and was sold. I kept my serious face, though 🤣 did a walk around, sat in the front seat, and then once in the back. I looked the rep right in the eye and said let's get this done! I like to think I'm responsible with my money, but brother, I couldn't walk out of that dealership without that car. .. Maybe it was a dumb decision, but you can't put a price on peace of mind. Easy come and easy go. Life is short! I hope that helps anyone to go for it if you can; you won't regret it!

I paid 5K over. Three months after placing my order, I went to the dealer to discuss the whole ADM thing and see where we stood since it never came up when I placed the order, simply because I didnt know it was a thing at that time. Well, as soon as I walked in and saw my salesman, he yelled across the showroom floor, "You just got an allocation! Your cars getting built in 2 weeks!" At that point I was guaranteed a car, and exactly how I ordered it. So when I asked about ADM and he said 5K, I rolled my eyes a little and said fine. That dealer got 2 allocations for 5BWs in all of 2022, mine was the 2nd. If I looked for a dealer selling at MSRP, easily would have been a wait into 2023, and paying 7k more than a 2022, so it doesn't bother me much anymore.

I paid the goat tax. Almost the same spec I had an order for went up for auction on cars and bids. I still have my order in, so if it ever gets filled I'll have to decide what to do. I was just tired of being in limbo and anticipated some (but not fully) increases in the coming model years pricing. That combined with the potential for pain the stock market in the near future, I jumped on it. No regrets.

We got lucky through small dealer paid MSRP, they only got 1 allocation. We waited over a year to get the car last week. We planned on buying 23 6 speed from same dealer tried placing order they said no allocation this year!

This is something that got me upset. I have been buying Cadillacs for 20 years. My wife and I both drive Cadillacs. When the initial allocations were open, I didn't make the cut, so I quickly contacted the dealership I usually purchase cars from, and they added me to the list. This did not stop me from calling every dealership in Florida, and every dealership was charging markups of 15k to 25k. This frustrated me so much. Until one day, a dealer called me to tell me they had a CT5 BW available and wanted $50k over MSRP, which was the last straw. I wrote to Cadillac to complain about the price gauging, and they told me someone local would call me back.
The next day I received a call from a representative for Cadillac, and I was told they would see what could be done. A week later, I received a lovely gift basket but no follow-up call. This was three months ago. Fast forward 2/weeks ago, I received a call from a local dealership that knew I had been looking, and they told me two were on the way, and one was spoken for, but they could offer me the second one. I asked the price, and they said 15k over MSRP. At this point, I was over it and said I would agree to 10k over, and honestly, I wasn't convinced. After three days of back and forth, they wouldn't budge. At this point, I came to terms that I probably was going to have to wait a long time. This Tuesday, I was heading home from work when I received a text message from the dealership with photos of the BW they received. Instead of being excited, I got upset and was no longer interested in dealing with the dealer's greed, so I didn't respond. The following day I got a call, and the rep told me the owner wanted me to have the car and would agree to 10k over. Again I was not convinced I would, but I told him I would come by around lunchtime. When I arrived, they had the BW in the showroom, and the rep quickly cranked her up 😍 and was sold. I kept my serious face, though 🤣 did a walk around, sat in the front seat, and then once in the back. I looked the rep right in the eye and said let's get this done! I like to think I'm responsible with my money, but brother, I couldn't walk out of that dealership without that car. .. Maybe it was a dumb decision, but you can't put a price on peace of mind. Easy come and easy go. Life is short! I hope that helps anyone to go for it if you can; you won't regret it!
You said the most important words which ultimately mattered to me in my own purchase decision, “Life is short.” And I have never owned a Cadillac before, nor any GM vehicle.

Florida has a bad rep for dealers that markup. There are plenty of places that don't.

Thing is, you have to decide what works for you. Nation wide all manufacturer inventory is at 1/4 of normal level (or less) and it's gonna be a long time before we see a meaningful rise.

Markups here in FL are large / not all dealers here have them BUT in the larger cities, watch out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back