Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

I came out of my office this morning and looked at the BW and had to take a pic...
IMG_5131.jpg

I spent a lot of time hand wringing over whether to drive and park my 4vbw at the airport for two quick weekend trips from Maine --> California. In the end I decided to do it; I bought this car to drive it and enjoy it, not treat it like a museum piece or investment.

The parking garage gods smiled on me for taking that attitude 😅😅😅.

First pic at Boston Logan, the other two at Portland, ME's airport.

A0E92C0C-BBED-47E3-979D-88D4A0D460E2.jpeg

E596A49F-7912-46D9-856F-4413075FAC61.jpeg
5C7BAF46-5785-4970-833A-2750FFB8F221.jpeg

@jfk33 ....I'm like you. Hate these parking lots. I park out in the woods too, when possible. Got my first stone chip in the hood the other week. Like you, oh well, bought it to drive it. Nice pix!

I spent a lot of time hand wringing over whether to drive and park my 4vbw at the airport for two quick weekend trips from Maine --> California. In the end I decided to do it; I bought this car to drive it and enjoy it, not treat it like a museum piece or investment.

View attachment 9308
LOL@ quintessential Masshole plate!

How we treat goats in Philly, both the TB and rodeo varieties:

1654528316084.png

LOL@ quintessential Masshole plate!

How we treat goats in Philly, both the TB and rodeo varieties:

View attachment 9312
At first I was thinking leave our bw brethren jfk alone, hasn't he and his family been through enough? Then when I couldn't decipher the code on his license plate I noticed the red chevy on the left and thought maybe I'll get a plate that reads LII4133.

I'd like to add that I totally support your decision to park at the airport...that falls squarely into the "expectations for a DD" category. But if you do have to park at the airport, you can't really get any better parking spaces than those....how long did those take to find!?! 😮

Oh wow, looks like they’ve done some renovations since the last time I went to roebling (2013). I really miss that track

you there tomorrow?

Nope, back home in Charleston already.

Fun day. Ran in the 1.22s without pushing too hard cause I had to drive her home and didn't bother with track insurance. For reference I usually run 1.15s in a 981 GT4 Clubsport on slicks and today I also ran a 1.16.xx in a friend's 991.1 GT3 PDK on Cup 2s. That's where you see most of the time gains with the new surface. Our stock tires don't seem to benefit that much from it, as you can hear they're screaming the whole way around the track.

(sorry about the video quality, I had to upload it through dropbox first so that a friend can help me edit it and their compression is horrendous)

Last edited:
Just as a wrap up to yesterdays track day. It was put together in honor of a good friend of ours Rich who recently passed from ALS and with whom we used to track at RRR all the time. The proceeds all went to ALS charities.

Some of his ashes were dispersed over the finish line and we did a lap in his memory at the start of the day, this is the start of it.

ETA: This was Rich a few years with his 997 GT3 ago when he could still walk. He was an awesome guy, even then he used plastic supports on his legs to help him stand up, he was tracking as much as he could until it was taken away from him .. even then he worked on his own car, changesd his own wheels at the track, wouldn't let anyone help him. He was always smiling despite his illness, I don't know how he did it. The last year before he passed was really rough on him and his family ... it's a dreadful disease.

Pt1x9z-e4TM033YxvaXiPgr9wfE0PQgaQ5OQsHmHJPkV6Jt2TR100vAVczHBrPc4p0dl-c9haEhEQixT71BjHgXZGdMc8aJgnzJD-fOSRZ5109iUqBIo9Sp7ZeTYmr2oJGF-0J9tLFo=w1054-h1578-no

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners