Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First week+ with CT4-V Blackwing

Im in the same boat...got the car about a month ago, just made a trip from Tampa to Pensacola and back, car now has ~2500 after getting it with 95 miles. Actually just changed the oil after getting back over the weekend.

My buddy has an M3 that got me looking at the 4BWs. So far, I'm pretty content. Just got a few things that I wish this thing have to make it more livable. I agree, camera out front would have been good. Engine wise, just wish it revs a little faster and slightly more redline. Maybe more backseat space would be nice. Definitely smaller than F80 M3s.

I didn’t read this whole thread but does anyone else feel that the 4BW feels quite a bit slower than the ATS V for those that have owned both??? Either the thing is that much heavier or my car has some major air in the cooling system.

I didn’t read this whole thread but does anyone else feel that the 4BW feels quite a bit slower than the ATS V for those that have owned both??? Either the thing is that much heavier or my car has some major air in the cooling system.
I'm over 600 miles now and it is fast, at least as much as advertised. This is not a BWM that runs to 60 faster than the manufacturer says it will, but with the 6MT it is a low 4s car. Not sure how much faster the ATS V is.

I'm over 600 miles now and it is fast, at least as much as advertised. This is not a BWM that runs to 60 faster than the manufacturer says it will, but with the 6MT it is a low 4s car. Not sure how much faster the ATS V is.
Well I asked for those that have owned both. So you wouldn’t know because you didn’t own an ATS V. My ATS V was much faster and was much easier to get squirrely. As matter of fact sometimes the car downright scared me cuz it would pull so hard. My BW is the opposite. So I’m wondering if something isn’t right w it. It shouldn’t feel this much slower.

Well I asked for those that have owned both. So you wouldn’t know because you didn’t own an ATS V. My ATS V was much faster and was much easier to get squirrely. As matter of fact sometimes the car downright scared me cuz it would pull so hard. My BW is the opposite. So I’m wondering if something isn’t right w it. It shouldn’t feel this much slower.
Get it on a dyno. Its heavier and more insulated than the ats so its certainly going to feel slower. It probably has better traction too.

Get it on a dyno. Its heavier and more insulated than the ats so its certainly going to feel slower. It probably has better traction too.
Yea I have to find some time to get it on one. It doesn’t snap me back in the seat the way my V did. Definitely doesn’t pull like it did either. The only thing I like better about a straight V8 is that you don’t have to worry about weird things like air bubbles in your intercooler and stuff like that lol

I acknowledged I don't have one. Feel free to start your own thread on the topic instead of posting in mine.

Professional testing has both cars doing the same 0-60 quarters and traps.

The BlackWing has better traction and is better insulated. That can make it feel slower. Both cars also Dyno the same.

So yeah, something could be wrong with your car. A trip to the Dyno will cure that question.

I am now 6 weeks in. Still love the car. I do wish it had a bit more zip. It is fast, but I long for stronger acceleration. The 5 would surely solve that desire :)
Considering tapout is making in the mid 600s to the tires, I'd say there's opportunity to obtain that zip you're looking for :)

Considering tapout is making in the mid 600s to the tires, I'd say there's opportunity to obtain that zip you're looking for :)
No doubt. But I have never used a tune before - imagine that affects warranty. I would be more comfortable trading for the 5. A bit more cabin room would also be appreciated, I am only 5-7 140 and feel tight in the 4 (probably because I am commonly in my full size Sierra).

I am now 6 weeks in. Still love the car. I do wish it had a bit more zip. It is fast, but I long for stronger acceleration. The 5 would surely solve that desire :)
I do too, but I am ruined a bit by the Roadster which is a mid-high 10 second car.

I do think downpipes and a tune, giving this 500whp would be the sweet spot. I dont need so much power that it upsets the balance. But I also enjoy my warranty and promised my wife no tune while under warranty. Lets see how that plays out lol.

No doubt. But I have never used a tune before - imagine that affects warranty. I would be more comfortable trading for the 5. A bit more cabin room would also be appreciated, I am only 5-7 140 and feel tight in the 4 (probably because I am commonly in my full size Sierra).
I guess it's all about what you're used to. I'm 5'6" and 155 and the 4 feels perfect. But I'm used to my evo and outback + wifes' little prius.

I'm 6'7" 260 and I'm used to a Honda Civic... Wait, how do I even fit in the 4BW? Interesting, provocative even.....

I was really seeking a 5v BW - until I saw the prices AND stupid markups. My 4v BW was used and only had 2100 miles. It has everything I wanted except the 6mt - got say though the auto is pretty freakin' quick. The Dark Emerald Frost paint and the deal they made on my SS was the topper. Glad I made the move.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back