Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Dealer Price Gouging

This is another symptom of too many people having too much money. But they are free to pay markups. You can tell the dealer to pound sand. Depends how much you want any given car. Maybe the recent equity market and crypto corrections will change some of this?

I stopped by a dealer, and they have 3 CT4-V Blackwings. As I was checking them out, I saw signs hanging on the rearview mirrors, Additional $25K markup along with $4K dealer accessories added on and I started laughing and the sales guy ask what was so funny, I told him good luck getting that kind of mark up along with the so called 4K add on. So, for a total of $29K ADM.

I stopped by a dealer, and they have 3 CT4-V Blackwings. As I was checking them out, I saw signs hanging on the rearview mirrors, Additional $25K markup along with $4K dealer accessories added on and I started laughing and the sales guy ask what was so funny, I told him good luck getting that kind of mark up along with the so called 4K add on. So, for a total of $29K ADM.
If anyone has a premuim linkedin account, steve carlisle should be made aware of this. His memo of the other day was clear to dealers, cut out this crap

So some markup is obviously acceptable, since its msrp.. "suggested", but what is "too much"? Would $5k be ok, how about $10K? Now for orders placed, does the dealer have to notify the buyer ahead of time about any ADM? Or like someone mentioned before, should sold orders all be at MSRP?

So some markup is obviously acceptable, since its msrp.. "suggested", but what is "too much"? Would $5k be ok, how about $10K? Now for orders placed, does the dealer have to notify the buyer ahead of time about any ADM? Or like someone mentioned before, should sold orders all be at MSRP?
There's a lot of gray area here. MSRP is suggested, yes. It's totally up to the dealer if they want to charge over MSRP. I don't begrudge them of this. Where I have a problem is with the dealers that say they'll sell at MSRP and then just before the car lands at the dealer, they suddenly tell the customer it will be more money than MSRP. THAT frosts my ass. Followed by all these bullshit packages they force you to pay like VIN etching and climate control packages (window tinting), etc. For me it's about transparency. And some dealers put their customers into an epic case of Marine Layer like a bunch of blood suckers. Those are the dealers I have zero respect for.

It's not often the dealer puts the ADM right on their website for all to see. I'm sure this Sonic dealer has some additional "packages" to add as well. When I called them about ordering a CT5V BW back in March, they told me I couldn't even order one. I'm sure they just wanted to order them for themselves instead.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-21 13.26.56.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-21 13.26.56.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 120
It's not often the dealer puts the ADM right on their website for all to see. I'm sure this Sonic dealer has some additional "packages" to add as well. When I called them about ordering a CT5V BW back in March, they told me I couldn't even order one. I'm sure they just wanted to order them for themselves instead.
I can only hope that, when all the chip shortages and inventory problems end (as they surely will), dealers like this are quickly put out of business by customers who remember their greediness.

I can only hope that, when all the chip shortages and inventory problems end (as they surely will), dealers like this are quickly put out of business by customers who remember their greediness.
We wish but that usually doesn’t happen. Buyers will swear off a dealer only to go crawling back if they have the best price on the vehicle they are looking for.

A shown right on their website, my dealer lowered their ADM on 4s from 25 to 15 and 5s from 50 to 35. Maybe due to lack of sales more than the letter but who knows.

Contacted a local dealer and asked some general questions about ordering. This conversation morphed into "prices/costs." Throughout this conversation, the salesperson is speaking with the utmost confidence and authority...he knows this stuff like his own name. Came across as, "I am THE man up in here." I'm allowing him to basque in all his glory...

He says to me, "to be completely transparent, I must tell you there's a $5k deposit required and a $20k markup on all new orders." I say, "$5k down and $20k markup?" He says, "yes, other dealerships may not tell you this up front. I've heard of dealerships across the country dropping this markup costs on the customer on deliver day." I say, "yeah, I've heard that as well." Then I hit him with it...

I say, "Stands to reason why the GM North American President Steve C" issued that letter to all GM dealerships across the country, right?" I say, "you know the letter about dealerships unnecessarily marking up BWs despite GM policies and agreements with GM dealerships not to participate in such practices." I then ask, "is what you're doing in good keeping with GMs interests?" Awkward pause... I kid you not, the same guy who just prior to this talked as if he owned the dealership himself, says to me, "Well, I'm just a soldier and I do whatever ownerships says." It took everything I had not to burst out laughing. I simply say, "I understand." hahahahaha

He goes onto to give me his direct number and says he'll text me his business card after our phone call. To answer your question, he hasn't sent me a damn thang! hahahahaha

Welcome to the rodeo, friend! It’s like the Wild West out here lol.

That’s another reason I ordered a back up car. In case the dealer tries to pull any shit on delivery day, I can tell them to keep it. Which they’d likely be happy with so they’d be able to lasso in the next sucker. 🤣

Oh yea, please add me to that wait list...... LMAO!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back