Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Dealer Price Gouging

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Except he does not mention blackwings
I don't think he's going to single out just Blackwings when the communication pertains to the brands in general

You beat me to it lol

I don't think he's going to single out just Blackwings when the communication pertains to the brands in general
Agreed. It’s better the more generic he makes it. Among various GM vehicles I’ve searched for in the last year-ish, I’ve seen markups on Colorados, Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades — in addition to the obvious cases of corvettes and blackwings. As a customer, I want the dealer network on notice across all brands and models.

So will GM follow through with any punishments? Some markups are just ridiculous.

Ouch

Attachments

• 823898F4-FB8D-4F3A-879B-B3E2044E3F53.png
    823898F4-FB8D-4F3A-879B-B3E2044E3F53.png
    1 MB · Views: 130
I'm all for the 1 year agreement with a dealership that "thou shall not flip". I think Ford is going to do that with the new F150 lightning?

I feel like preventing customers from flipping will give dealerships less incentive to markup since that's what really gives them the evidence that they can do it.

I'm all for the 1 year agreement with a dealership that "thou shall not flip". I think Ford is going to do that with the new F150 lightning?

I feel like preventing customers from flipping will give dealerships less incentive to markup since that's what really gives them the evidence that they can do it.
Flipping new cars is a much bigger problem than a lot of people realize

Agree. The fact he mentions the various agreements and ethics in place pretty much covers it and certainly puts the bad apples on notice

They’re just following Ford’s lead once again. I believe that it’s a lot more pervasive than he wants to believe as well.

We need to parse his words carefully. Selling cars lawfully and ethically does not prohibit dealerships from employing ADMs. Bribing politicians and exploiting capitalism is the shitty american way of life after all. Sports cars are not necessities, and your free to choose other options.

I think this is targeting dealerships that agree to MSRP when they take the order and a deposit, but then hit people with ADM as the delivery gets closer. One could argue this is an unethical practice, as a deal was made in good faith, even without a binding contractual agreement.

I think this is targeting dealerships that agree to MSRP when they take the order and a deposit, but then hit people with ADM as the delivery gets closer. One could argue this is an unethical practice, as a deal was made in good faith, even without a binding contractual agreement.

Per Ryan's response above, that is how I read the letter. If the car is already at the dealership, not a customers pre-order, they can charge an ADM.

Per Ryan's response above, that is how I read the letter. If the car is already at the dealership, not a customers pre-order, they can charge an ADM.
In the rarest of occasions, you will only see a bw at a dealer that was not ordered unless the dealer cheated (i know of one who did) or someone cancelled an order Proof is in the pudding, just look at how many folks here are at 1100

In the rarest of occasions, you will only see a bw at a dealer that was not ordered unless the dealer cheated (i know of one who did) or someone cancelled an order imoa
Agreed. And if someone ordered a BW and put a deposit down with the agreement it would be at MSRP then it showed up and the dealership wanted a mark-up, I would be calling Steve Carlisle and the President of Cadillac. If this did happen to someone and they still paid the ADM I would be calling. I would bet they would get the money back.

Agreed. And if someone ordered a BW and put a deposit down with the agreement it would be at MSRP then it showed up and the dealership wanted a mark-up, I would be calling Steve Carlisle and the President of Cadillac. If this did happen to someone and they still paid the ADM I would be calling. I would bet they would get the money back.
Its a damn shame… the owners of these dealerships are hosing people with adm because of lack of available inventory …. Sad but true

We need to parse his words carefully. Selling cars lawfully and ethically does not prohibit dealerships from employing ADMs. Bribing politicians and exploiting capitalism is the shitty american way of life after all. Sports cars are not necessities, and your free to choose other options.

That's pretty much what my dealer told me. No ADM for my sold order but if I back out it's going to be a stock order sold with ADM. Seems fair enough (as these things go lol)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back