Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V driving in the rain

CT5-V Model

jkg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 V wagon stealth blue (sold, so sad); 2022 CT5 Blackwing
i had to drive my car in the rain to work this morning. made me sad.
on a related side note, it is far easier to break the tires loose in the rain than it was on my '13 V wagon. a little scary. the air temp was in the 40's so i am sure that is part of the problem. looks like i will have to try out the "rain/snow" mode next time.

The rain/snow mode will help but the biggest limitation is the summer performance tires. They don't work good with the temperatures are that low even when it ain't raining.

LOL for a Step Brothers reference whether you intended it or not. Maybe the Blackwing will be the car that stays forever - I haven't run into that situation yet. But 'forever car' or not, I'm going to drive it every chance I get.

for those with "higher mileage" on their CT5 so far, has anyone noticed any issues with rpm surging or bucking while driving? i have a post in the technical section on this. have noticed it twice in the first 100 miles- the second event persisted for 15-30 seconds through multiple gears

for those with "higher mileage" on their CT5 so far, has anyone noticed any issues with rpm surging or bucking while driving? i have a post in the technical section on this. have noticed it twice in the first 100 miles- the second event persisted for 15-30 seconds through multiple gears
I have about 1700 miles and I picked my car up in misting weather 😄. While it does stay in the garage most of the time, the three days I drive to work, I drive it rain or not. As far as the surging, I have only noticed a small rev matched-ish sound when shifting when rev match is not on at low speeds. I do not know what causes it and cannot replicate it if I want. Not something I mind, and as far as I care if the ecu is telling it to do it, there is a reason.

I have an automatic with a bit over 5k miles. Haven't experienced this so far.

The rain/snow mode will help but the biggest limitation is the summer performance tires. They don't work good with the temperatures are that low even when it ain't raining.
Agreed on the low temperature. Took my car up to the grocery store early yesterday morning @ 37 degrees outside. Out of my 60+ degree garage, traction was normal. Then upon leaving the store where the tires reduced to ambient temp, there was noticeable skipping on moderate acceleration through left hand and right hand turns. And roads were dry.

My ct4v blackwing does this when i park it in the up hill in v mode it revs to 2500 rpm before it turns off, almost like the gas was applied.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back