Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ct5v picture of the inside of the trunk

dwn4cause

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5V-Blackwing
Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the trunk under the carpeted mat. Just trying to see what should be included in there. I believe the rear brake duct shields (track only) were in there. Just wondering if my dealer took some stuff out.

Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the trunk under the carpeted mat. Just trying to see what should be included in there. I believe the rear brake duct shields (track only) were in there. Just wondering if my dealer took some stuff out.
In my trunk I found the rear brake duct deflectors, locking lug nuts for the wheels, tow hook, the cargo net which I clipped in place, and a front-license plate bracket (which ended up in the garbage of course.)

Last edited:
Nice to see there is a tow hook. Does a portion of the front grille come out or is there sufficient room to thread it in?

There's removable painted cap on the front bumper with a threaded socket.

Has anyone actually tried to thread in the tow hook? I tried the other day and couldn't for the life of me get it to start threading.

I did as I had a spare from my V3. Was surprised to find the one from the V3 is completely different thread and won't fit like the included tow hook. (V3 variant looked nicer and beefier as well)

In my trunk I found the rear brake duct deflectors, locking lug nuts for the wheels, tow hook, the cargo net which I clipped in place, and a front-license plate bracket (which ended up in the garbage of course.)
thanks is the cargo net standard? mine didn't come with one.

Is the battery in the trunk? Asking as I need to plan for a trickle charger while she hibernates this winter.

Is the battery in the trunk? Asking as I need to plan for a trickle charger while she hibernates this winter.
Even tho it’s in the trunk, there’s a live lead under the hood. I run mine from that on my ZL1 1LE. I purchased an extra long chord and ran it in such a way that I don’t have to even open the hood to access it.

Speaking of batteries in the trunk, the 4s battery is on the driver’s side. Which side is the 5s on? In my ZL1 1LE, it’s on the passenger’s side. I’ve always thought that it was on the passenger’s side in order to offset the driver’s weight. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Speaking of batteries in the trunk, the 4s battery is on the driver’s side. Which side is the 5s on? In my ZL1 1LE, it’s on the passenger’s side. I’ve always thought that it was on the passenger’s side in order to offset the driver’s weight. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Its on the drivers side...I put a pigtail on the battery and plug it in, them close the trunk...I did not like doing it under the hood....

IMG_4186.jpeg

Feel like something is missing (brake cooling kit?) from the right side. Have compressor, tow hook, fuel funnel and spring spacers but entire right side is empty.

I attach the battery tender to the leads under the hood. Works perfectly. No reason to overthink it. I like popping the hood open anyhow after pulling into garage. Helps the engine cool down faster.

Last edited:
Where do people put the pool noodles they give you to protect your carbon rotors?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back