Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V AQJ carbon seat option not available

CT5-V Model

CheckM8

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
None
I was contacted by my dealer last Friday wrt the AQJ carbon seat option on my order. If I drop that option I can get my build in the next production batch and if not there is no estimate on when that seat option will be available. From what the dealer said more than a few options are no longer being listed on the dealer order page and GM is not providing estimates for availability rather dropping options that can be ordered. I decided to wait a bit to see if AQJ option becomes available.

Yes, correct. Carbon 1, Carbon 2 and carbon backed seats in all three colors are now on constraint. There are several posts here om the forum about other issues. Heated steering wheels in most GM vehicles, heated and cooled seats in many. It's becoming a regular poop show.

Check the threads titled "Heated steering wheel" and "Allocations"

I was contacted by my dealer last Friday wrt the AQJ carbon seat option on my order. If I drop that option I can get my build in the next production batch and if not there is no estimate on when that seat option will be available. From what the dealer said more than a few options are no longer being listed on the dealer order page and GM is not providing estimates for availability rather dropping options that can be ordered. I decided to wait a bit to see if AQJ option becomes available.
What status are u sittin at?

Last time I checked it was at 1100, ordered it in Feb. Dealer said the order will go to
Yes, correct. Carbon 1, Carbon 2 and carbon backed seats in all three colors are now on constraint. There are several posts here om the forum about other issues. Heated steering wheels in most GM vehicles, heated and cooled seats in many. It's becoming a regular poop show.

Check the threads titled "Heated steering wheel" and "Allocations"
Thank you for that info. Its looking like a 'glass half full, glass half empty' scenario with available options. Either take what you can get or wait and still may not get what you want.

Still at 1100, ordered in Feb. Dealer said it'd immediately go to to 2000 if I dropped the AQJ seat spec. Sounds like Cadillac is working through the order queue and trying to build what they can with available options. Dealer didn't know what will happen to my place in the order queue now that I did not go with the order change.

Still at 1100, ordered in Feb. Dealer said it'd immediately go to to 2000 if I dropped the AQJ seat spec. Sounds like Cadillac is working through the order queue and trying to build what they can with available options. Dealer didn't know what will happen to my place in the order queue now that I did not go with the order change.
Whats aqj again?

i find it amazing that the carbon fiber options are not sourced in the good ol US of A... to pay as much as we are for these options and to not be readily available and possibly being sourced from CHINA of all places doesnt sit well with me at all

It's the order guide code for those seats.
LOL. AQJ refers to the high performance seats with carbon or suede backs. Since it also includes suede, CF must not be the constraint. Leather shortages?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back