Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

"Local" dealer has 3

Been watching the occasional Blackwing on Ebay. It appears the people who bought them to flip for a profit are failing. Am hoping this means a quicker production date for us who plan on keeping and driving the car.
Sadly it does not. What it means is that valuable production time has been spent providing cars to @$$holes who have no real interest in the car and are willing to destroy any industry if they think they can siphon off a little cash for themselves.

Some of us will not get the cars we ordered because of these worthless sacks of crap.

I just got quotes from two dealers on the new Porsche GT4RS. MSRP is around $125K.

- Dealer 1: MSRP+$100K
- Dealer 2: MSRP+$150K

Someone should file a class action suit....

I just got quotes from two dealers on the new Porsche GT4RS. MSRP is around $125K.

- Dealer 1: MSRP+$100K
- Dealer 2: MSRP+$150K

Someone should file a class action suit....
Yikes! It sucks but that's free-market capitalism. People can ask what they want and we can collectively tell them to pound sand...or a sucker will come along and pay.

I heard similar markups on the 992 GT3 about 3 months ago, can't imagine what they're asking now.

I can confirm. Was seriously thinking about a Cayman GTS/GT4 to replace my F-Type but the 25k "relationship" fee at the local dealer got rid of that consideration real quick.

I'll join the collective to tell these dealers to pound sand.

Yikes! It sucks but that's free-market capitalism. People can ask what they want and we can collectively tell them to pound sand...or a sucker will come along and pay.

I heard similar markups on the 992 GT3 about 3 months ago, can't imagine what they're asking now.
It's not 'free-market' anything. The dealer network is a gross misuse of local laws to force a middleman into the process.

You know the difference between auto dealers and car flippers? The ability to offer financing.

It's not 'free-market' anything. The dealer network is a gross misuse of local laws to force a middleman into the process.

You know the difference between auto dealers and car flippers? The ability to offer financing.
That's a criticism of the franchise model but it is free market capitalism. Even if you buy direct from the manufacturer they still set the price they feel they can command and we the customer decide whether we agree on the value proposition.

I just don't understand why someone would buy a car with such a big markup, I guess the buyers are counting on their cars appreciating. I'm ready for these shortages to be over...

I think the point is we can't buy direct from the manufacturer. If cadillac auctioned off cars themselves to the highest bidder I think there would be a lot fewer people upset.

That said, I don't have a problem with dealers marking up their own allocations nearly as much as I do them marking up an order.

I saw a dealer today that had 2 C8.Rs for sale @ $20k over because he wanted to unload them quickly. It was the first time I actually thought “wow, that’s almost reasonable.”

I would never pay an ADM for anything but this is what is has come to.

My son is visiting so we thought it would be nice to run over to Knoxville to see what the BW looked like in person. 75 miles one way. We get inside the dealership and I started asking questions only to find out the 5's are in transit.!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.12.36 PM.png
    955.2 KB · Views: 151
And apparently with no front seats either ;)
Looks at all that leg room!! Maybe it's a special order to attract basket ball players? ;)

I saw a dealer today that had 2 C8.Rs for sale @ $20k over because he wanted to unload them quickly. It was the first time I actually thought “wow, that’s almost reasonable.”

I would never pay an ADM for anything but this is what is has come to.
The additional dealer markup is so short-sighted! They should be developing loyal customers who will have their cars serviced at the dealership and future vehicles bought there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back