Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Questions, Nits, Acclaim, and Observations after 1,500 miles

The only thing I've found a little annoying so far is the turn signal indicators. I wish it would show on the HUD. I can't see the dash light from my seating/steering position and the sound is so quiet that I can't hear it over music or wind noise.
It's a Cadillac, so it's supposed to drive for as long as you want with the left turn signal on and not bothering you one bit. Think of it as a feature, not a bug! ;)

Anyone else notice the fans for the ventilated performance seats is pretty noisy when on high? I actually thought one of my speakers was hissing from the rear deck. Got into the back seat and suddenly the noise was coming from in front of me when I realized it was the fan in the seat.

I've found this feature to be loud in every GM and BMW product I've owned with it. Probably the same supplier for most so no surprise.

I rented a Mustang a couple years back and I thought the rear end was going to explode as I drove away from the airport. I dropped into stop and go traffic, and realized the noise was still there. Discovered it was the seat...

Short of actually running the AC lines through the seat like Ram does, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Kind of the opposite of BMW's that seem to not come equipped with turn signals. Makes sense. :giggle:
Hey now! I always use my turn signals in my BMW! We're not all douchebag owners! Lol

Hey now! I always use my turn signals in my BMW! We're not all douchebag owners! Lol
If I wind up with an M5 instead of a BW, I’m considering this plate.

Attachments

• D6F4C710-7F99-4AA6-938A-C8B8FA818B6C.png
    D6F4C710-7F99-4AA6-938A-C8B8FA818B6C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
Today I reached 500 miles. Didn’t explode on her but I did push just a bit. Thus far what I can say is this car makes me want to drive it. The driving experience is magical. From the minute the motor comes to life and you giggle in awe of the sounds the engineers put in her, thru each row of a gear till the next, the put you in a neck brace pulls, and the blacktop grabbing as you wind down the road……this car wants to go and you want to go with her. Simply fantastic. Cadillac has every right to be proud of what they have accomplished and I’m thrilled to be a part of it. @Mr Mirza please thank the team yet again. You deserve it.

I finally got mine back from PPF and ceramic coat. I really love the burbles and pops on decel in V-mode - sounds better than the ZR1 did. I still don't have the full 500 miles but I love the short gears in the MT with the torque of the LT4 even at part throttle and low RPM. This car just feels so much snappier than the C7 Z06 and ZR1 did.

I still think the clutch is stiffer than I expected. I spent all weekend in a C7 with 750 HP and an aftermarket clutch and the 5BW is noticeably stiffer. I'd still rather have a little more leg effort than something that breaks or an automatic so kudos to Cadillac for making a manual option.

I freaking love this car.

Does everyone's front brakes rub and squeal while driving ?? 500 miles and worse in the morning. I have attached the mp3

I have the carbon ceramics and they’re completely silent

Does everyone's front brakes rub and squeal while driving ?? 500 miles and worse in the morning. I have attached the mp3
View attachment 5077
If I were you, I would take it in to be checked because that noise is not normal unless you're pads were worn down or possibly wheel bearing.

Prob have a small stone stuck in there. Happened to me years back when I thought it was a good idea to off-road my new mazdaspeed3. Dealer took pads off and cleaned it up, good as new.

Prob have a small stone stuck in there. Happened to me years back when I thought it was a good idea to off-road my new mazdaspeed3. Dealer took pads off and cleaned it up, good as new.
Agreed, happened with my GTI, took the wheels off and could see the stone. Was able to push it out.

I finally got mine back from PPF and ceramic coat. I really love the burbles and pops on decel in V-mode - sounds better than the ZR1 did. I still don't have the full 500 miles but I love the short gears in the MT with the torque of the LT4 even at part throttle and low RPM. This car just feels so much snappier than the C7 Z06 and ZR1 did.

I still think the clutch is stiffer than I expected. I spent all weekend in a C7 with 750 HP and an aftermarket clutch and the 5BW is noticeably stiffer. I'd still rather have a little more leg effort than something that breaks or an automatic so kudos to Cadillac for making a manual option.

I freaking love this car.
It does sound good but I wouldn’t go as far as saying it sounds better than my ZR1 , but you are right about the clutch requiring more pressure to disengage it.

Here's a request GM - can we have the ability to remotely view the surround cameras from the MyCadillac app like I can with our '19 BMW??

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back