Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Not yet!

Default [VIDEO] Cadillac ATS-V Takes on a BMW M3 at the Dragstrip

Ever since the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V debuted, everyone has been wondering how it stacks up against the BMW's venerable M3. At the FL2k Drag Racing event at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, Florida, we get an idea how the two compare.

While the M3 brings a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter straight-six engine with 425 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque to the duel, the ATS-V meets the challenge with a larger twin-turbo 3.6-liter engine that puts out 464 hp and 444 lb-ft of torque.

The Cadillac clearly has the power advantage here, however, it's nearly 200 lbs heavier than the dual-clutch BMW. Can you predict the outcome of this race? Watch below:

At the end of the quarter mile, the BMW M3 ran 11.6 seconds at 105 mph, while the Cadillac ATS-V clocked 11.57 seconds with a significantly higher (119 mph) trap speed.

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ever since the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V debuted, everyone has been wondering how it stacks up against the BMW's venerable M3. At the FL2k Drag Racing event at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, Florida, we get an idea how the two compare.

While the M3 brings a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter straight-six engine with 425 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque to the duel, the ATS-V meets the challenge with a larger twin-turbo 3.6-liter engine that puts out 464 hp and 444 lb-ft of torque.

The Cadillac clearly has the power advantage here, however, it's nearly 200 lbs heavier than the dual-clutch BMW. Can you predict the outcome of this race? Watch below:

At the end of the quarter mile, the BMW M3 ran 11.6 seconds at 105 mph, while the Cadillac ATS-V clocked 11.57 seconds with a significantly higher (119 mph) trap speed.
    It was bracket racing. The BMW must have hit the brakes before the end. Just look at 103 mph at 11.6 sec.
    Last edited by tedboss1; 10-24-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 ATS-V Sedan, 2016 ATS-V Coupe

I disagree. The ATS-V clearly beat the M3.

First, you can see both guys dial-ins: 11.50, so the race was a heads-up start with the BMW sleeping on the line.

Secondly, I've played that clip back and forth numerous times and do not see the BMW's brake lights. No way was that guy on the brakes to prevent a break-out.

The BMW got beat by two and a half tenths. And the mile-an-hour.. wow! M3s are pretty weak on the top end.

Speaking of races, I was on the 101 freeway north on morning runing about 75 in my ATS-V Coupe when an M3 and a full-ricer Accura blew by me at about 90. On a Sunday mornig there wasn't much traffic and I couldn't see any LEO, so I backshifted to fifth and floored it. I caught the Bimmer and the Accura and blew by both of those bastards at about 125. After that, I had a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    I disagree. The ATS-V clearly beat the M3.

First, you can see both guys dial-ins: 11.50, so the race was a heads-up start with the BMW sleeping on the line.

Secondly, I've played that clip back and forth numerous times and do not see the BMW's brake lights. No way was that guy on the brakes to prevent a break-out.

The BMW got beat by two and a half tenths. And the mile-an-hour.. wow! M3s are pretty weak on the top end.

Hib I agree with your point about no brake lights.
    May be the guy let off before the end because he didn't want to go faster than 11.5, this was bracket racing.
    Also may be the speed measuring device in the right lane was off.