Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new guy here

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Default new guy here

hi everyone! my name is alex and i'm checking in from seattle. i'm glad to have found the forum, and beyond thrilled to now be the owner of an ATS-V

i recently picked up a black sedan from doug's in shoreline, WA. i just had the windows done and sadly, the dealership has it today to fix some things that came janky from the factory. one of the front parking sensors came upside down, so the car thinks you are going to run into something from the front every time you come to a stop. i basically had to turn park assist off to keep the seat from buzzing. also, the HUD is crooked and there is a rattle in the exhaust.

all simple things to fix, but it doesn't say much about quality control from the cadillac factory. i previously had a 2014 ATS Premium that had no issues... i mean, there were some recalls, but nothing that ever impacted me other than having to get a loaner while they sorted it out.

does any of this make me less stoked? not really. but, it just goes to show that if caddy wants to compete with audi/mercedes/bmw, they can't stop at the track. i seriously doubt an M4 will come from the factory with these sort of oversights! and, until caddy gets it together, they will still face a stigma of poor QC .

also, i don't pin any of this on the dealership. they actually let me borrow another V while mine was on order (for a week )... they got this one from the distribution center late on a friday night, and had no time to check these things out. plus, i was admittedly in a hurry to get my grubby paws on the car, so i just lived with those things for a week. i should be getting it back tonight with everything sorted out, and tomorrow i'm taking it up to Chukanut Dr for a "leisurely" stroll up the twisties.

anyways, it's great to be here and read about other folk's experiences so far. love the dyno thread! it seems these things may be conservatively rated at 464hp... nice!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Welcome!

Check out Hib's blog on his ATS V ownership.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

A big welcome to you! I've had my V for 3 years now and every time I fire it up I get a thrill! Hope this remains the case with you. I agree with your regarding quality control. It must drive Cadillac nuts when they spend so much time on engineering a great car only to have quality control problems on the line. Anyhow, have a great time with your new toy!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JSatter View Post
    A big welcome to you! I've had my V for 3 years now and every time I fire it up I get a thrill! Hope this remains the case with you. I agree with your regarding quality control. It must drive Cadillac nuts when they spend so much time on engineering a great car only to have quality control problems on the line. Anyhow, have a great time with your new toy!
    thanks man! i feel the same way; i get excited every time i go to the garage.

again, the dealership has been fantastic. but i do feel like writing Cadillac to let them know where they are slipping. there is no excuse for that if you want to compete in the segment.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

I've owned 2 Vs and one "regular" Caddy. No issues with any of them as far as build complaints.
    My '04 V had a couple of recalls early on, wore out tires too fast (GY SuperCar tires - yuck) and the diff bushing needed to be replaced at 45K miles
    My '11 V Wagon has been bullet proof - Michelin tires hold up a lot longer.
    My '14 ATS 2.0T has been wonderful also. It was a "program" car with 500 miles on it, so maybe the golf people got everything tweaked before I got it.

The V Wagon is a kick to drive and very, very few people have a clue what they are looking at.

Glad to hear that you have a good dealer to work with - they really make or break the relationship with your car.

Later,
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 ATS-V Sedan, 2016 ATS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SEATS-V View Post
    hi everyone! my name is alex and i'm checking in from seattle. i'm glad to have found the forum, and beyond thrilled to now be the owner of an ATS-V

i recently picked up a black sedan from doug's in shoreline, WA. i just had the windows done and sadly, the dealership has it today to fix some things that came janky from the factory. one of the front parking sensors came upside down, so the car thinks you are going to run into something from the front every time you come to a stop. i basically had to turn park assist off to keep the seat from buzzing. also, the HUD is crooked and there is a rattle in the exhaust.
    Heck Alex, the parking sensor will work if the car's upside down. I'd leave it alone. That way you'll have parking warnings no matter what direction is "up".

all simple things to fix, but it doesn't say much about quality control from the cadillac factory. i previously had a 2014 ATS Premium that had no issues... i mean, there were some recalls, but nothing that ever impacted me other than having to get a loaner while they sorted it out.

does any of this make me less stoked? not really. but, it just goes to show that if caddy wants to compete with audi/mercedes/bmw, they can't stop at the track. i seriously doubt an M4 will come from the factory with these sort of oversights! and, until caddy gets it together, they will still face a stigma of poor QC .

also, i don't pin any of this on the dealership. they actually let me borrow another V while mine was on order (for a week )... they got this one from the distribution center late on a friday night, and had no time to check these things out. plus, i was admittedly in a hurry to get my grubby paws on the car, so i just lived with those things for a week. i should be getting it back tonight with everything sorted out, and tomorrow i'm taking it up to Chukanut Dr for a "leisurely" stroll up the twisties.

anyways, it's great to be here and read about other folk's experiences so far. love the dyno thread! it seems these things may be conservatively rated at 464hp... nice!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Not yet!

Welcome aboard Alex!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

so, a few updates should anyone be interested. the car has now spent over two weeks (total) in service since i got it less than a month ago. the parking sensor is fixed, the HUD is fixed... but the service department is stuck working with the Cadillac TAC trying to resolve the "rattling wastegate" issue.

i have contacted GM to let them know about my experience, which i am sure is not what they intend when a customer spends this much on a premium vehicle. i explained each issue, which by itself is not such a big deal, but how they add up to an experience where elation has been replaced by annoyance and stress. i have tried to point out that i don't find the dealership at fault; the car was delivered this way and they are stuck trying to make me happy. it's Cadillac QC that is suffering here, and if you want to compete with mercedes/bmw/audi, the customer experience should be much different.

i don't know about anyone else, but paying almost $800/mo. to drive a service loaner was not what i had in mind when i pulled the trigger on this car. maybe i just have crap luck; i haven't heard of anyone else having these issues. but, even if i am the only one and this is not a systemic problem, i'm still pretty annoyed.

their regional "customer experience rep" is engaged and at the dealership today trying to get resolution.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Any (satisfactory) resolution?

Anxiously awaiting a satisfactory outcome to your ongoing dilemma. Any update for us? Hope your problems are soon resolved and you are tearing up the highways!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Anxiously awaiting a satisfactory outcome to your ongoing dilemma. Any update for us? Hope your problems are soon resolved and you are tearing up the highways!
    hi JSatter,

you and me both! they have a regional field engineer who has been called in, he is supposed to be here today or tomorrow. by friday, the car will have been in service for 3 weeks since i got it on March 17. they will be crediting me for this month's payment at the very least. they are also throwing in a free full detail. i think the dealership is a little frustrated, which is good. as long as they show me that they want my experience rectified i'm not blaming them. the car shipped this way. this is cadillac's fault.

thanks for your note!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

so, an update...

they decided to replace the driver side turbo after the regional field engineer looked at the car and reviewed his findings with cadillac. i suppose that is easier than replacing the noisy valve actuator in the wastegate assembly. the part was scheduled to arrive today, and the dealership says they will complete the swap by tomorrow.

we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Good News!!!

Well, it sounds like you may well be on the way to a satisfactory conclusion! Hopefully. this fix will take care of all your issues. Sounds like the problem is pretty much resolved. Keep us informed as to how everything is working once you get back on the road. I'm glad you had a great dealership to work with....that's half the battle when it comes to issues like this one. Happy motoring!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Well, it sounds like you may well be on the way to a satisfactory conclusion! Hopefully. this fix will take care of all your issues. Sounds like the problem is pretty much resolved. Keep us informed as to how everything is working once you get back on the road. I'm glad you had a great dealership to work with....that's half the battle when it comes to issues like this one. Happy motoring!!!!

thanks man,

i am lucky to have a good dealership to work with. i'm trying not to give them too much grief on this as it really isn't their fault, they just own the fix.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

so... ugh. all work is complete and the rattle remains. i have now entered discussions with the dealership about getting a different car. cadillac can deal with this car. also, it will give me a chance to order one from the factory in the spec i wanted. the current car had red calipers and the suede package. i wanted gold calipers and the leather steering wheel/shifter. i'm also losing my $300 tint job, so the dealership is going to have to throw that in on the new car.

my wait is going to be extended a few more weeks (i'm on week 4 at this point). it's just a car, and i'm trying not to get too dejected over this. it's just annoying. i have faith in the dealership to get this right.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Yikes!!!

Murphy's Law...once things start to go wrong they keep getting worse! Hope the dealership follows thru and cuts you a great deal on a replacement. Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK.