CTS driving experience
Excellent power-to-weight ratios and racetrack-honed suspension geometries established with the development of the ATS enabled engineers to advance CTS’s performance with greater feelings of feedback, control and response. The comparatively low curb weight helps make the most of the driving experience by allowing the use of lighter-weight chassis components, which reduces unsprung weight to enable more precise handling without compromising ride quality.
The CTS sedan’s low mass and optimal brake sizes give it braking performance that is among the best in the segment, with standard Brembo front brakes.
Suspension and driver control highlights also include:
- Multi-link MacPherson strut front suspension with a double-pivot design
- Five-link independent rear suspension
- Available all-wheel-drive
- Premium electric, variable-assist power steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Available Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping system
- Choice of 17-, 18- and 19-inch aluminum wheels.
A number of aluminum components are used with the suspension system, while the rear suspension is mostly steel. That helps offset the weight of the engine and transmission at the front of the vehicle, helping the CTS deliver its near-perfect weight balance and reducing noise and vibration.
Additionally, CTS’s all-wheel-drive system – available with the 2.0L Turbo and 3.6L V-6 – is designed to make the most of handling and stability in all driving conditions. It is an advanced, fully automatic and on-demand system that includes wheel-slip management.
The performance-oriented, rear-drive-only Vsport takes the CTS driving experience to a higher level, with these unique features:
- Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels with Pirelli summer-only performance tires
- Sport-tuned suspension with enhanced spring rates and stabilizer bars
- One-inch-wider rear wheels with P275/35R18 tires
- A quicker steering ratio with sport-tuned steering efforts and response
- Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and available high-performance brake pads
- Heavy-duty track cooling package
- Driver-selectable track mode with specific throttle progression and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for track driving
- Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track – including optimal acceleration out of turns.
The Cadillac Twin-Turbo is paired with a high-performance, paddle-shift eight-speed automatic transmission that offers efficiency and performance advantages over a six-speed transmission – including 1.5-percent greater fuel economy.
The paddle-shift eight-speed delivers smooth, quick shift performance – as quick as 0.3-second on wide-open-throttle upshifts – with the quietness, smoothness and refinement Cadillac customers expect. Smaller gear steps – closer ratios – support world-class performance, with quicker, more imperceptible shifting.