Additional interior features include:
- Heated and ventilated front seats with leather seating surfaces and heated steering wheel
- Hand-wrapped and motorized cup holder lid in the center console that operates with a light touch, much like inserting a disc into a DVD player
- Adaptive remote start feature that also activates the climate control system
- Electrically actuated and locking glove box – with LED lighting and two tiers of storage – leads a list of multiple storage compartments that also includes a compartmentalized storage area in the center console, lit map pockets in all doors and a hidden storage area behind an articulating climate control/radio control panel
- Storage under the center armrest includes auxiliary power points, including SD card, auxiliary jack and USB ports
- Available indirect LED ambient lighting in the instrument panel, door panels, foot wells, door map pockets, various storage locations and the front door sills – where the Cadillac script is illuminated
- Available tri-zone climate system includes vents in the rear of the center console for greater rear-seat comfort
- Available manual rear door shades and power-operated rear window shade
- Electronic park brake
- Standard Bose eleven-speaker sound system and available Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system with 13 speakers.
The CTS Sedan offers Automatic Parking Assist, which enables the car to park itself in parallel and – new for 2015 – perpendicular spaces. It uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a suitable space and maneuver the car into the space, with the driver only required to select the gear and apply the accelerator and brake pedals. Ultrasonic rear park assist is standard.
Cadillac CUE and new OnStar 4G LTE
Cadillac CUE is the centerpiece of the CTS’s comprehensive collection of technologies designed to enhance the driving experience and complement customers’ increasingly connected lifestyles. It is standard on all models and collections, with features including new Text Message Alerts. With a compatible smartphone with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), you can listen to important texts and respond with a preset message. It enables voice-controlled connectivity to help keep phones in pockets and hands on the wheel.
The new, available Cadillac DockSpot magnetic inductive charging system is a wireless phone charger that allows users to simply place their phone on a small mat in the CTS, where it charges without the need to plug it in.
The heart of CUE is the eight-inch LCD multi-touch sensitive screen, integrated into the top of the central instrument panel and featuring a motorized, fully capacitive faceplate at the bottom concealing a 1.8L storage area. CUE’s vibrant LCD screen resembles a smartphone’s screen, with large, easy-to-target icons to execute commands. A navigation system is also available with the standard model and Luxury Collection; it is standard with the Performance and Premium Collections and Vsport models.
Complementing CUE to enhance the CTS’s connectivity is new OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. It provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the vehicle is on and comes with a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial.
4G LTE is the most current and fastest mobile data network – 10 times faster than 3G and 100 times faster than the previous generation of OnStar hardware. And with OnStar, it also offers stronger, broader coverage than smartphones on the same network and it’s easy to use: If the vehicle is on, the connection is on.