Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Smart Driver and Privacy Concerns

I got this email on Thursday, which I assume is related to this.
Has anyone figured out where the location services privacy setting is?

Here’s a screenshot from the OnStar permissions info page. Total BS

IMG_6054.jpeg

If my insurance goes way up, it is likely that the Blackwing will leave the stable and I will never buy another GM car again. I hope this information reaches the public and GM sales decline. This practice by GM is not acceptable.

If my insurance goes way up, it is likely that the Blackwing will leave the stable and I will never buy another GM car again. I hope this information reaches the public and GM sales decline. This practice by GM is not acceptable.
If you buy a recent model year car you’ll just get screwed by some other company. Best to buy a used car before cats came into play.

Never received my LexisNexis ordered 5 weeks ago, so trying again. However, just received my insurance renewal, on average my rates went up 26%. Zero accidents, zero tickets, exceptional credit and both of us are over 50.
Interesting enough, I have several cars and our 26k mile 2013 Explorer went up 30% (highest increase), where my 22 5BW went up 24% (lowest out of all my cars). I can guarantee the 2013 Explorer has zero internet connection other than when our phone is in the car. 🤔 It’s my wife’s grocery & doctors appt car.
The car that travels the most yearly, my 22 GMC 1500, received a 26% increase (second lowest increase vehicle). It along with my 22 5BW have OnStar connection, but neither are enrolled in Smart Driver and never have been. Can’t wait to eventually get my LexisNexis report to see what has been reported…

I agree with what was mentioned earlier, we should receive a detailed insurance explanation of why any increase/changes instead of having to call and hope they tell you. Bastards!

Time for me to shop around for insurance and compare rates between carriers, again.

Because of a promotion at work, an increase in required travel and working my ass off, the 5BW stays garaged than driven. As much as I love this car, less than 1700 miles, I am considering getting rid of it and putting my cash else where and saving the annual insurance $$ as well.

I have been selling my non driven cars lately (Z06, ZL1 & Mustang) and freeing up space & cash. Not to mention, reducing insurance spend as well. Tired of the insurance crooks!

Regardless of whether insurance companies are using this information and from whatever the source, rates have been going up. Insurance cost of all types is out of control.

Looks like GM cancelled the safe driver program.
Jeezus... i leave for 6 months and the forum goes crazy! :) They might be saying they are cancelling the program, but as of today the option is still there (web and app).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back