Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2007 Cadillac STS-V

Default Supercharger wine

I notice a difference with my STS-V when I drive I have mostly the exhaust than anything ...I barely can hear the supercharger like as if I doesn't even have one especially inside the cabin when I get on the gas ,I dunno if it's the exhaust or what but I seen alot of videos on youtube with the STS-V with exhausts and I can still hear their superchargers winning ...can someone tell me what it could be be ?

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

If the STS has a big cover on top of the engine like the CTS V2s do, they muffle the supercharger whine. It may be that the cars you're listening to have removed the engine cover so they can here the whine.

If I drive my CTS V without that engine cover, I definitely hear the whine more. I prefer not to hear it, so the cover stays on the engine.
    Last edited by Tuna; 12-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2007 Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    If the STS has a big cover on top of the engine like the CTS V2s do, they muffle the supercharger whine. It may be that the cars you're listening to have removed the engine cover so they can here the whine.

If I drive my CTS V without that engine cover, I definitely here the whine more. I prefer not to hear it, so the cover stays on the engine.
    I never would of thought that would make a big difference ...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2009 Cadillc CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by STS-Vboy22 View Post
    I never would of thought that would make a big difference ...Thanks
    Upgrading the intake will make the supercharger whine a lot louder. 1st mod I'm going to do when I buy mine.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2008 Cadillac STS-V

The stock intake has two baffles in it the muffle the wine. They are hidden by the top big plastic cover