Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Notification Box question

Rob:
    Having the same problem here that I was having on the XLR-net forum. As for now, the problem is solved on the XLR-net but here, the problem still exists.
    My log in box, before I'm logged in, and my notification and forum name box, after I log in, are over top of the model center, reviews, and vendors boxes most of the time when I'm on the site. Every once in a while they are
    beneath the model center, etc. boxes. When I go up to check my "notification" box, the model center, reviews, or vendors drop down boxes show up instead of the "notification" drop down box, depending on where my cursor is. I can't tell when I get a notification telling me I have new "likes", etc.. So, the first thing I do when I get on the site is go to my forum page and check my "likes", etc. Logging out, rebooting, and logging back in doesn't help, the notification box is still over the top of the other boxes. This isn't really a big deal, just a little frustrating. Do you have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Not yet!

Can you tell me what web browser you're using and what version it is?
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2006 XLR-V, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Must be your browser and/or settings, Rod. I don't have a problem with either site.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrocket View Post
    Rob:
    Having the same problem here that I was having on the XLR-net forum. As for now, the problem is solved on the XLR-net but here, the problem still exists.
    My log in box, before I'm logged in, and my notification and forum name box, after I log in, are over top of the model center, reviews, and vendors boxes most of the time when I'm on the site. Every once in a while they are
    beneath the model center, etc. boxes. When I go up to check my "notification" box, the model center, reviews, or vendors drop down boxes show up instead of the "notification" drop down box, depending on where my cursor is. I can't tell when I get a notification telling me I have new "likes", etc.. So, the first thing I do when I get on the site is go to my forum page and check my "likes", etc. Logging out, rebooting, and logging back in doesn't help, the notification box is still over the top of the other boxes. This isn't really a big deal, just a little frustrating. Do you have any suggestions?
    Cubby558
    'If you want to blend in, take the bus'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Can you tell me what web browser you're using and what version it is?
    I have IE 9 on my netbook; IE8 on the laptop and desktop. On the laptop it's correct on the XLR-net forum but not on this site. On my desktop, it's over top on both sites. It's weird, it seemed to correct itself on the XLR-net site on the laptop (I didn't change any settings), but it's still over top on this site on the laptop. Like I said, it's not a BIG deal, just a little frustrating and more time-consuming.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Under the "Tools..." pulldown, try turning on "Compatibility View"
    Tuna
    Author: Crossbow Revenge
    (Buy my book and make me famous.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Under the "Tools..." pulldown, try turning on "Compatibility View"
    PERFECT!!! thanks

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Quote Originally Posted by mtrocket View Post
    PERFECT!!! thanks
    Glad I could help. I had a similar issue in the past.
    Tuna
    Author: Crossbow Revenge
    (Buy my book and make me famous.)

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Not yet!

Hmmm. I'm going to be rolling out a small site redesign to both the V-Net and XLR-Net so hopefully it will be fixed here. I couldn't see the issue with IE 10 with compatibility view turned off or on.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu