Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Default Supercharger Poll

Out of curiosity, how many of you V owners have had to replace their superchargers (per GM extended warranty letter/notification)? I just had my supercharger checked during a recent visit to my Cadillac dealer. I had a rattle in the supercharger (as was described in the GM letter) and it was determined that it is in need of replacement. The parts are on order and an appointment for replacement is pending. Has this replacement become commonplace or is my case the exception? Let me know your experiences!

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Not yet.
    My regular warranty ends in December. So, early next month I'm going to have my car checked out.
    Mine rattles a little sometimes but not at idle. I notice a little rattle when I'm at full left steering lock in the parking lot at low speed.
    After my dealer gets a chance to check everything out, we'll see what they think.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Do production dates (ie: earlier) have anything to do with supercharger problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Not yet.
    My regular warranty ends in December. So, early next month I'm going to have my car checked out.
    Mine rattles a little sometimes but not at idle. I notice a little rattle when I'm at full left steering lock in the parking lot at low speed.
    After my dealer gets a chance to check everything out, we'll see what they think.
    My V is a 2011, but it was built in June 2010. I was wondering if the supercharger used was an earlier version that was later improved...Out of curiosity, when was your car built?

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSatter View Post
    My V is a 2011, but it was built in June 2010. I was wondering if the supercharger used was an earlier version that was later improved...Out of curiosity, when was your car built?
    A little after yours as I took deliver early December 2010.
    Given that the recall applies to all V2's, I would think that the older, higher mileage Vs would see the rattle first.
    I've got 30K on my V Wagon now.
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

12 V Sedan BD 6M Recaros Ultraview, 05 Stealth Grey V; traded

I've read in other forums about guys having theirs replaced with as little as 1500 miles on them. It's a common problem with the spring isolator in the supercharger. Luckily, I have about 17K on mine with the original blower, and no rattle yet.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

I'd had a little rattle off and on since my V was new. I read about the isolater spring rattle on other sites but I never let it bother me. In the meantime, it hasn't caused me any problems. The only time I hear a rattle now is when I'm at full steering lock at low speeds and at or near idle on the throttle.

Might be time to have my dealer test it.

I wonder if the Corvette ZR1, which has a similar blower, has the same problem?
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Supercharger Update

Finally got the new supercharger. Cadillac took approx. 1 month to get the parts needed to the dealer. Not sure why the long delay. Installation took most of a day-they kept the car overnight to make sure there was no noise when started cold the next AM. Everything is quiet and running great. Replacement covered by warranty (as per the extended warranty letter). I saw the dealer cost for replacement...just shy of $3,000.
    Anyone else have a replacement story??

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSatter View Post
    Anyone else have a replacement story??
    Not yet!

My V has been pretty bullet proof so far.
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reviving an old thread.......

I just recently bought my 2014 CTS-V Wagon (still under factory warranty). And after a little time with the car, I noticed that I have a very loud supercharger rattle. I took it to my local Southern California Cadillac dealer, and they told me the loud marble rattling is perfectly normal! Aargh!!
    I called Cadillac Corporate, and they opened a case file on my "concerns". I'm taking it back in this next week, to reiterate my concerns, and see what goat path they try to lead me down next🙈

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Default Supercharger rattle

The rattle is a telltale sign of supercharger problems! I had the same rattle and it resulted in a new supercharger under the extended warranty. Take a look at the supercharger links on this site to see specifics! Don't let the dealer tell you this is "normal"! It is NOT normal!
    Good Luck and keep us posted!