Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V-Mode Start-up

Use My Mode, you cannot start in V-Mode, but My Mode does persist on start-up.

On a manual, you can long press the start button without pressing the brake or clutch which will get you into accessory mode. You can then switch drive modes before starting the engine.

Not sure how or if this works with an auto?
Hmm, will try it right now as I am on my way to our local dealer to work on some V-Club business.

Our 5BW is built and awaiting delivery. While I read the manual (thank you @blackwing329), it looks like V-mode and My-mode are similar. Settings wise, the difference being that V-mode layers in PTSM settings. For recall, My-mode is remembered at start up and V-mode is selected on the fly. So basically, it allows two custom modes to be saved (ala M1, M2 buttons). Can someone confirm?

Our 5BW is built and awaiting delivery. While I read the manual (thank you @blackwing329), it looks like V-mode and My-mode are similar. Settings wise, the difference being that V-mode layers in PTSM settings. For recall, My-mode is remembered at start up and V-mode is selected on the fly. So basically, it allows two custom modes to be saved (ala M1, M2 buttons). Can someone confirm?
It is very similar to the M1/M2 from BMW. However, unlike BMW the My Mode doesn't allow you to alter traction control or throttle. The only reason I can think they did this is because the car will automatically start in this mode. I can't think of any other reason.

I learned at Spring Mountain not to drive in Track mode on the streets because its stiffens the suspension up too much that you can bend a wheel.

Or……. Just unplug the cable going to the exhaust and the baffles will be even more open 24-7 and louder.

When it’s plugged in, even when you have it in its loudest mode, it’s not fully open unless certain conditions are met, like being WOT.. when you unplug it, she’s free to growl as much and as loud as she wants.

Or……. Just unplug the cable going to the exhaust and the baffles will be even more open 24-7 and louder.

When it’s plugged in, even when you have it in its loudest mode, it’s not fully open unless certain conditions are met, like being WOT.. when you unplug it, she’s free to growl as much and as loud as she wants.
Would this un-plugging not get you a check engine light on?

I’m pretty sure it will. I think our resident BW tech has already commented on this as a bad idea and “fake news” for any benefit.

I haven't driven customers blackwings around so I cant 100% confirm, however, I am 100% certain that it did not trigger any SES/MIL codes/lights on prior gen V's or corvettes so I highly doubt it would on these.....
I’m pretty sure it will. I think our resident BW tech has already commented on this as a bad idea and “fake news” for any benefit.
I never said there would be any performance benefit... I said it would be louder and open all of the time....

I haven't driven customers blackwings around so I cant 100% confirm, however, I am 100% certain that it did not trigger any SES/MIL codes/lights on prior gen V's or corvettes so I highly doubt it would on these.....
I never said there would be any performance benefit... I said it would be louder and open all of the time....
I believe there is no difference from starting in My Mode with the exhaust set to open vs an unplugged baffle. That was confirmed on this site. It was also noted that the BW system is not like other previous GM vehicles. I could be wrong but too hard to look up on my phone. It sounds like the baffles are constantly adjusting based on the driver setting.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back