Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Looks like I'll get to try out the Pilot Super Sport tires in snow this afternoon. It's snowing in the Heartland now. Not sticking to the streets/sidewalks much so that good. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight. If that happens, I'll stay home tomorrow.

Yea Ha!
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

As it turned out, not so good. Turning into my neighborhood at less than 15 MPH, the front tires lost traction and I went nose first into the POA sign. Knocked the front bumper loose and may have broken the right from light assembly. Now to get it fixed. Oh well.
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    As it turned out, not so good. Turning into my neighborhood at less than 15 MPH, the front tires lost traction and I went nose first into the POA sign. Knocked the front bumper loose and may have broken the right from light assembly. Now to get it fixed. Oh well.
    At least the damage was not as bad as it COULD have been, huh? At least you hit the sign slowly and not another vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtrocket View Post
    At least the damage was not as bad as it COULD have been, huh? At least you hit the sign slowly and not another vehicle...
    Ain't that the truth!
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Two and a half weeks and the V Wagon is back on the streets. Which is pretty fast around here. Every body shop in the OKC metro has a back log of tornado damaged vehicles from the summer tornados and now the ice and snow is adding to the back log. When I initially called the dealer's body shop that I wanted to use, they told me they couldn't look at it for at least 2 weeks. I called a couple of other shops and got even worse delays from them. So, back to my first choice. I was willing to wait.

Lucky for me the body shop manager is a real car guy and absolutely loves the V Wagon - guess he moved a couple of things around and my V was in the shop less than a week after it got there.

They did a great job putting the nose back on it. Sliding into a curb straight on when the curb is more than an inch higher than the nose is low did a job on the bumper, both grills, splitter plates, brake ducts and the panels between the bumper and the radiators. Didn't get into any important though. Split the right front headlight when it bumped the brick wall behind the curb. The replacement headlight was $1300+ most expensive part to replace.

Next time it snows or ices around here, I'm renting a car or calling in sick!
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2011 CTS-V Wagon

Default Looking for better wet traction tires for my V wagon

Every time I hit rain I have to back way down with the stock rubber on my '11 V wagon. Have about 16K and thinking about going to something like Conti extreme contact DWS. Life in western PA has meant sitting out the winter in the garage. Anybody try tires like these on a V?