Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Thread: Vagon Road Trip

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Default Vagon Road Trip

Back from road trip. Put 1200 miles on the Vagon on mostly 2-lane federal and state roads. Average MPG was 19.5 - not great but not bad either. The Vagon was a joy to drive in the Texas Hill Country and hauled 3 of us, our luggage and 2.5 cases of wine. Saw one other V (a sedan) on the road. I waved at him but I don't think he saw me.

On the way home, we had a Porsche Carrera pass us and act like he was in a hurry to pass everybody - riding the middle line and tailgating until he got a chance to pass. I decided to follow him when he passed a few times when there was plenty of room. Each time he put the pedal down to go I downshifted and did the same from a few more car length back. By the time he pulled back in, the Vagon was right on him. After a few times of this, we came on a passing lane and to my surprise, he pulled into the right lane and slowed down to let me go! So we went. He appeared to be less interested in getting down the road after that and slowly fell behind.

Now, it's time for some wine!
    Last edited by Tuna; 03-29-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added commentary
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Became valid again.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For