V-Series Cadillac(s)

Not yet!

Default 2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

Superwagon Showdown: Batman and Superman of the Wagon World Go to War

February 07, 2012
    By Jonny Lieberman
    Motor Trend Magazine

Meet the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Wagon and the Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon. On the family tree of high-performance station wagons, each of these newcomers can trace their lineage directly back to the AMG Hammer Wagon. But somewhere along the way, there was a split. The Cadillac inherited the sinister, murdered-out looks, and the E63 kept the AMG name as well as the three-pointed star. Both got power up the yazoo and the yin-yang. I've already laid out my cards above, but to me, these two machines rank quite high among the very most desirable cars in the world. Should I live 50 more years, I'll still be talking about them. I am of course in the extreme minority. The proof: The Cadillac and AMG wagons are the absolute rarest products General Motors and Mercedes-Benz produce, period. Not only are there more Corvette ZR1s than CTS-V Wagons, there are more SLS AMG Gullwings than there ever will be E63 AMG Wagons. Both are essentially special-order only.

Full Story: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG - Motor Trend
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Thanks Rob. Nice article.

Comments: Vagon is a blast to drive. Mine is a manual also and I love it. Mine is Clark Kent also as it's red with polished wheels - not the Darth Vader black that MT has.

Guess my butt fits the Recaros - or vice versa - just fine as I love them. While open road runs are nearly as hard on the car as driving a road course lap after lap, I still spend 30+ minutes at speed each run.

And, I saved $40K+ over the AMG. I'll use that saving to make a down payment on my next Vette.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For