Cadillac V-Net

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    Looking at the weather you've been getting over there near OKC, you'd better be looking at putting a submarine next to that 427 Convertible.
    I'm thinking an airboat!

Forecast is for sunny weather the next week. That would be nice. There's no place left for more rain to go.
    Tuna
    New avatar - my latest novel
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

Same in Houston

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

2016 ATS-V Sedan, 2016 ATS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    You're right. I should not have relied on memory.
    Heck, I had a picture of PBC weighing my own engine
    Nothing like being a dumb ass, eh?

A Little-V Blog: The ATS-V purchase and ownership experience-_dsc1631-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Latest on my ATS-V is that its broadcast code is 3400 which, my pals at Bunnin Chevrolet/Cadillac tell me means that the ordering information has been sent to the assembly plant.

All I have at this point is what a BMW M3 driver will see just before I pass him/her coming out of a turn.

A Little-V Blog: The ATS-V purchase and ownership experience-sandyscar-jpg
    click to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

That's wonderful. Won't be long now.
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

I have to start today's post by saying that I got a good laugh at these banner ads which are running at the top of the site. The one at the top of the forum directory pages said "Upgrade to a Camaro" which, of course, is totally a joke on a Caddy V-Series forum. The one at the top of this page says: "Arrest Records: 2 Secrets." I'm thinkin', "They must know something about Tuna that I don't."

In other news...I emailed with Dave Caldwell, Cadillac's Director of Communications, earlier today asking about when ATS-V production is going to start. Mr. Caldwell replied....
    We have started in very small numbers, but likely are a couple of weeks away from shipping in any real numbers, as there are the normal quality assurance procedures taking place in the start-up.
    Next, I asked Dave if he's share Cadillac's planned ATS-V production numbers for 2016. He declined to answer directly but said...
    Will not be tens of thousands.
    I also was in touch with the PR firm which represents Xpel paint protection film and CORSA exhausts. I'm told that both companies plan to offer products for the ATS-V.
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 06-30-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Read the three way test between the ATS-V, the M3 and the C63 in the August "Car and Driver"

We didn't so so well. In the overall numbers the ATS-V finished last with 201 points compared to the M3's 207 and the Benz's 205. We finished first in the chassis and fun-to-drive categories but finished last in the vehicle interior category and the powertrain category.

ATS-V was criticized for its engine lacking low-end torque. Cheap interior trim (what else is new for GM) and the CUE system. Just about every magazine story on the ATS or ATS-V which I've read says the CUE system sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

I found this article from Jun '15
    2016 Cadillac ATS-V Sedan Test ? Review ? Car and Driver

At any rate, C&D bad mouths the CUE in the story above and bad mouths the designers for not keeping up with the engineers while calling the ATV V the best driving car in the class (ATS V, M3, C63).

My experience with infotainment systems is limited to GM stuff. CUE takes a little getting used to but it does okay. I wish I had access to other cars for a couple of weeks, like the car mag drivers have, so I can make my own comparison between them.
    My guess is that most of the mag drivers and testers do not have Cadillac (GM) cars in their garages and are, therefore, prejudiced toward what they normally use.

Now, if somebody would loan me a loaded M3 and C63 for a few weeks, I would able to determine for myself whether the CUE us as bad as these C&D people keep saying.

Notgonnahappen!
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I would also guess (some have even admitted it) that none of them take a few minutes to set up CUE how they would want it ... Or someone in the press junket did, and that's not how this reporter likes it.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Right after I posted about the CD story on ATS-V vs BMW vs Mercedes, I emailed Dave Caldwell, the Communications Director at Cadillac, and asked him to comment on the negative aspects of the article.

To date, he's not replied to any of my questions.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

I resent my email to Dave Caldwell in re: the Car-and-Driver story and he finally emailed me back.

On the CD's comments about the CUE, Caldwell says:

CUE receives a big upgrade for 2016 - those new elements (featuring Apple CarPlay, faster processing, some streamlining to things like navigation screens) were not installed 2-3 months ago when that comparison occurred for that magazine. These new elements are in the 2016 models that will be produced from this point forward. The design of connectivity systems is by its nature a bit subjective. We're pleased that we've been able to consistently upgrade CUE, and the feedback of our owners is positive - we're looking forward to that growing in 16MY as the system progresses.
    Also, earlier in the blog, "~tc~" makes the point:

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    Exactly. I would also guess (some have even admitted it) that none of them take a few minutes to set up CUE how they would want it ... Or someone in the press junket did, and that's not how this reporter likes it.
    Maybe that's the problem...dumb-assed media wonks not spending enough time with the system.

On the powertrain issue, Caldwell did not really address CD's comments directly, in telling me:

We're pleased that Cadillac is the focal point of the issue you reference. Elite high performance cars like this are all formidable in their own right, and each are significant pieces of work to be sure. Cadillac V-Series is about exhilarating driving experiences, and the ATS-V delivers this in abundance.
    As for my still-on-order ATS-V, the car got built on the 21st. It ships by rail to Mira Loma CA then by truck to Bunnin Cadillac.

Also, I'm starting to make a list of aftermarket items I want to get onto the car ASAP, like some WeatherTech Floor Liners, a Cargo Mat for the trunk and maybe some of those "LampGard" things for the headlights.

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 07-26-2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added content

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

I just read Motor Trend's story on the ATS-V sedan automatic, which is the configuration I ordered. Basically MT liked the car except that the engine is too quiet. MT says...
    If there's anything to take issue with, it's the ATS-V's engine. It's not that the twin-turbo V-6 mill is a bad engine it's actually anything but. It's just that it's lacking in personality. It's too quiet. Cadillac V-cars are supposed to be loud and in-your-face the Guns N' Roses to BMW and Mercedes' Scorpions and this one just isn't.

I just emailed my contact at CORSA exhaust to see if they are going to do an ATS-V system.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Is the ATS V a dual mode exhaust like our Vettes?
    I can't remember reading this one anywhere.
    Tuna
    Antiques To Die For

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Is the ATS V a dual mode exhaust like our Vettes?
    I can't remember reading this one anywhere.
    There has been no reference to a bypass exhaust system in either press info or any of the mainstream road test stories published to date.

That said, I have a copy of the "2016 Cadillac V-Series Details Book" which Cadillac makes available to dealers and it has listing for an "exhaust valve" in a table of various systems and characteristics which are altered by pressing the mode button in the console.

What's not given is any information about this valve or its function.

Post Thanks / Like

V-Series Cadillac(s)

In reading that book some more, I learned that both the ATS-V and the CTS-V have "Engine Sound Enhancement" which is described as natural engine sounds amplified into the cabin though the sound system to enhance the performance driving experience."

It doesn't say whether this is available only if the sound system is turned on or whether you hear it all the time.