Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Who Wants the First Corsa CT5-V Blackwing Exhaust System?

IDK if its been mentioned anywhere but has Corsa hinted at an ETA for purchase? I'm ready to go the day they post for sale. It will be interesting to see how loud these are with Kooks 2" headers

From what I saw on their website, they are hoping to have it available by the end of June.
Just received a response back from Corsa letting me know that the stock tips will not be able to be reused. Not a deal breaker but something to consider. I just need to see and hear the finished product.

IDK if its been mentioned anywhere but has Corsa hinted at an ETA for purchase? I'm ready to go the day they post for sale. It will be interesting to see how loud these are with Kooks 2" headers
I imagine aggressively loud! My stock axle back with 2" kooks no cats screams! But wouldn't mind a magnaflow axle back or corsa axel back. I get why everyone wants the cat back for easy mounting, but the stock mid sections is pretty unrestrictive. I honestly feel the only HP/TQ to be gained is in the header design and higher flowing cats.

I don't believe they are doing any dyno testing. They will be doing some flow tests with the 2 setups. I can't imagine too much HP being picked up from an already free flowing stock catback.

Yes this is Corsa

I will report back next week when I go pickup the car! I will have a 200 mile drive home so plenty of time to test out how it is at cruising.

Stock tips are welded to the stock catback and as far as I know are not sold separate. You could always cut them off your stock catback and weld them onto the new one.
Can’t wait to hear what you think of the Corsa exhaust. You are the chosen one ☝️

Update!!

Picked up the car yesterday, and after putting about 300 miles on it (200 highway on the drive home + 100 local-ish), all I can say is WOW. I was unsure how much of a difference the catback would actually make considering the stock exhaust is healthy but, man, what a sound.

Before I go into any detail I just want to first say that the team at Corsa is top notch. Before dropping off my car they answered all the questions I had and walked me through the entire process. When I picked up my car it was even cleaner than when I dropped it off.

Fitment/Appearance: I went with the black PVD angled tips. There two 4.5" tips on each side and they fills up the rear valence perfectly. I know there is a lot of discussion about the stock exhaust tips and I was on the fence also, until I saw the two 4.5" tips mocked up and then I was sold.

CT5 BW Corsa Black Tips.jpg

Sound: I am going to start by saying that no video I can take could accurately describe the sound (as with most exhaust systems). My opinion of the sound is subjective only. I've always liked the stock exhaust but wanted it to be louder when I wanted and to keep the quietness when wanted.

Exhaust valves open around town: The sound the car deserved from day 1. A nice deeper rumble that is noticeable with the windows open or closed. Cruising around town the best way I can describe it is "refined muscle car". Above 2000 RPM the tone is beautiful and the pops and crackles off throttle are absolutely intoxicating. Wide open throttle is insane. It's the right amount of noise and the pops on upshifts (A10) are even more pronounced than before. Cold starts will make you laugh at how awesome it sounds.

Exhaust valves open on the highway: With the stock exhaust I was used to keeping the valves "open" all the time and I never used tour mode. What I noticed is that in Drive under 1800 RPMs or so, it sounds like the valves close while cruising on the freeway and they also close during AFM. This is something I never noticed with the stock exhaust but with the added sound these are things you noticed. In Manual mode the valves don't seem to close as much, but what I can say is that even with them open there is no real drone. You 100% know that you don't have a stock exhaust and the sound is more of a nice V8 tone and rumble.

Tour mode/valves closed: I'm not exaggerating when I say that in tour mode it is as quiet at stock if not quieter. Tour mode on the freeway gives practically no noise and is the perfect highway mode when traveling for long distances and/or with kids or pulling into your neighborhood at night. In the morning, the neighbors can deal with the valves open :ROFLMAO:

I'll get more pictures in the coming days but if there are any other questions let me know!

Update!!

Picked up the car yesterday, and after putting about 300 miles on it (200 highway on the drive home + 100 local-ish), all I can say is WOW. I was unsure how much of a difference the catback would actually make considering the stock exhaust is healthy but, man, what a sound.

Before I go into any detail I just want to first say that the team at Corsa is top notch. Before dropping off my car they answered all the questions I had and walked me through the entire process. When I picked up my car it was even cleaner than when I dropped it off.

Fitment/Appearance: I went with the black PVD angled tips. There two 4.5" tips on each side and they fills up the rear valence perfectly. I know there is a lot of discussion about the stock exhaust tips and I was on the fence also, until I saw the two 4.5" tips mocked up and then I was sold.

View attachment 26177

Sound: I am going to start by saying that no video I can take could accurately describe the sound (as with most exhaust systems). My opinion of the sound is subjective only. I've always liked the stock exhaust but wanted it to be louder when I wanted and to keep the quietness when wanted.

Exhaust valves open around town: The sound the car deserved from day 1. A nice deeper rumble that is noticeable with the windows open or closed. Cruising around town the best way I can describe it is "refined muscle car". Above 2000 RPM the tone is beautiful and the pops and crackles off throttle are absolutely intoxicating. Wide open throttle is insane. It's the right amount of noise and the pops on upshifts (A10) are even more pronounced than before. Cold starts will make you laugh at how awesome it sounds.

Exhaust valves open on the highway: With the stock exhaust I was used to keeping the valves "open" all the time and I never used tour mode. What I noticed is that in Drive under 1800 RPMs or so, it sounds like the valves close while cruising on the freeway and they also close during AFM. This is something I never noticed with the stock exhaust but with the added sound these are things you noticed. In Manual mode the valves don't seem to close as much, but what I can say is that even with them open there is no real drone. You 100% know that you don't have a stock exhaust and the sound is more of a nice V8 tone and rumble.

Tour mode/valves closed: I'm not exaggerating when I say that in tour mode it is as quiet at stock if not quieter. Tour mode on the freeway gives practically no noise and is the perfect highway mode when traveling for long distances and/or with kids or pulling into your neighborhood at night. In the morning, the neighbors can deal with the valves open :ROFLMAO:

I'll get more pictures in the coming days but if there are any other questions let me know!
Dayum… thanks for the update! Pumped to see additional picture and some video. So many mods to do, so limited fun funds…

Update!!

View attachment 26177

This is great news! Thank you for the update! Is this a Sport or Xtreme catback? Do you know if it is a 3" system?

Awesome write up! Can’t wait! @LS7Solstice Do you think we can install ourselves or will need an exhaust shop to install?

I’m unsure of the exact instructions but from what it looks like, this should be a relatively straightforward and simple install. The only possible thing I can think of that would make install a little tricky is the size of the stock catback and moving it around the underside of the car wen removing it. Its one piece and almost 3/4 the length of the car.

This is great news! Thank you for the update! Is this a Sport or Xtreme catback? Do you know if it is a 3" system?

Pretty sure it’s 3”. As far as Extreme, not sure. It’s pretty damn loud with the valves open under WOT.

Release ETA?

Corsa was targeting end of June.

Anymore pics of the exhaust tips. Thanks!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back